Fishing this weekend (2\11-12 )

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by p_strouth, Feb 6, 2006.

1. p_strouth

p_strouth New Member

State:
    Louisville Tn
    Hoping to make a trip to the James this weekend.I hope some of you will b fishing , so maybe I can get some help on bait and maybe some decent spots
    Thanks
    Paul

2. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    I'll be fishing the Chickahominy out of either Morris creek or Gordon's creek. If you don't get any hits form anybody fishing upriver, I'd be happy to meet up with you down there to at least help you get some bait.
    /Scott

3. tank3544

tank3544 New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    i may be out there but only if its not windy .. my last 3 trips its been like hurricanes on the river and i'm getting REALLY tired of it

4. p_strouth

p_strouth New Member

State:
    Louisville Tn
    prob. won't b getting there till sat evening .Will it do me anygood 2 night fish,or should I just get aroom and go out early sun?

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday. Thanks for doing it up right Brother!!!

6. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    IMO, it's not a good idea to night fish unless you really know the river well, and that's really only productive in a warmer weather pattern anyway. With the cooling trend we're in this week, the fish should be back in their winter pattern pretty solid making any nightime bite very unlikely.

/Scott

7. Malligood24

Malligood24 New Member

State:
    Richmond, Va
    Im pretty sure I am going. Just trying to decide which river im gonna head out to... if im riding solo, i might go to the James, if my buddy is riding with me, i might go to the chick.... either way, I'll be out Saturday only... looking foward to the next weekend when we get off for the 20th (Presidents Day) to get an extra day in there!

8. FISH PIMP

FISH PIMP New Member

State:
    Cross Junction, VA
    I am also planning on going out to the James this Saturday and was wondering if anyone could help me out with bait. I don't think my Gill Net will arrive by this weekend. Thanks for the help.

Pete

9. tank3544

tank3544 New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    scott is right .. with the colder pattern we've been having the fish are moving back into a cold weather pattern .. right now the daytime bite in deeper water is where its at .. the nighttime bite right now is probably non-existant and IMO not worth the safety risks

i'm still waiting until closer to the time to make my decision .. if its windy i won't be out there

matt and scott have a handle on the bait thing if i'm not there and i'm sure if they are near where you're fishing they'll help you out

if the forcast is a 10mph wind i'll be going out of deep bottom .. anything less i'll probably be heading out of jordan point

10. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    I'm watching the forecast at the moment. If I go, it will be to the chick - launching out of the Chickahominy Riverfront park.

I've been looking for just the right location to take a few guys from my Kayak club and I think that's the spot - with bait and good fishing holes available in a relatively condensed location. One more decent fishing day and I'll be ready to commit to them.

If it blows, I'm sleeping in.

/Scott

11. odominioncatter

odominioncatter Member

State:
    Elkin, NC
    F. Pimp,

Let me know if you don't have your net by Friday and I'll see what I can do.

12. Malligood24

Malligood24 New Member

State:
    Richmond, Va
    Im still undecided if/where i will go. I will be solo this weekend so leaning towards the James and if i do, I'll be willing to help whoever needs it with the bait!

13. Malligood24

Malligood24 New Member

State:
    Richmond, Va
    Correction- Snow/Rain all night Friday going into Saturday = Im staying home in my warm bed!!!

14. tank3544

tank3544 New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    so far weather.com is the only one saying that .. they're saying rain/snow all day saturday

but accuweather is saying just possible flurries and wunderground makes no mention of any precipitation

i'll be watching this intently .. any chance of a sustained period of anything and i'm staying home as well

aren't we a bunch of fair weather fishermen? no wind, no snow, no rain haha

15. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Since my duck season was so pathetic, I feel a need to go way up the James past Lynchburg and work on the Geese. Season runs a few more days and I want to go. Now, Come March and April, :) before I head back to South America to work, This sorry white boy will be on the James 3 or 4 times a week