Fishing this Weekend, 04/19 & 04/20

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by RIVER-RAT, Apr 15, 2008.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Who will be fishing this weekend?? I am dying to get out on the river and fish! I've got three brand new rigs to break in, a freshly repaired lower unit, new plugs and new crankin battery!! I'm ready for some big 'ol kitten slime!! I'll be fishing with the girls though, probably will be putting in around Alton area or on the Missouri near Weldon Spring or in St Charles. Boy....the choices!! :eek:oooh::big_smile::big_smile:

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Bill, I'll be fishing, but up at Mark Twain, I think. I'm starting to get burnt out on fighting all this high water. I figured I'd go up there and try to catch me some fish for the freezer.:wink:

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I'm gonna try to go tomorrow. I want to look around for some mushrooms. I would like a mess of catfish and mushrooms. Sounds really good. I will prolly go to Weldon Spring. Aint sure what time yet

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Bob, they been finding a few early greys and blacks over here from say Carlyle Lake area south, the next few warmer nights ought to have some pop'n, Lord knows it's plenty wet enough!

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey Rat wanna go Crappie fishing with us Saturday over by Randy's place..

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Yeah I know a guy that found greys last week already. I have a spot that is a good early season spot. Hope to find enough for a mess anyway.

7. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I just got done putting the finishing touches on my new rods and reels. I think I am going to find some water to fish this weekend. Aaron and I are going to hit the water on Saturday if there is a dry ramp down here by then.

Attached Files:

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    NICE! Question, are those lefty reels the same price? I know some models I have seen are hard to find?

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    im going to try to hit it some this weekend

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Ryan, what is the middle reel?

11. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I'm gonna be fishing this weekend. Don't know where or when. But I will be. :cool2: Just wish I could find the fish.

12. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    The middle and the one on the very left are Avet lx 6.0 to 1 lefty reels. Man I love those reels but they are pricy and after I found out that abu had left hand reels I have gone with them due to price.

13. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO

We might need to get a dollar tourney going this weekend with this many people fishing. Sounds like we could do an open ramp forum and have all of our neighbors get in on this.

14. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I wouldn't mind doing a dollar tourney, but I think I will be crappie fishing. I've had a bad hankering for some crappie fillets. I may try to catch some eater size channels too. I dunno though. I was wanting to go to Mark Twain to have a few beers and get away for the weekend, but nobody wants to go. If it comes down to it, I may just stay around here and fish.

15. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Where are you going for the crappie at Gary?

16. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Mark Twain Lake

17. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I thought you just said you weren't going to MTL

18. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    No.. I wanna go up there, but If I have to go by myself, I may end up just staying down here. If I stay down here, I will either go on the river, or go down to Goose Creek Lake.:wink:

19. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Now Dan don't go confusing him.. He'll sit in his room and pout and forget he was supposed to go fishing... hehehe

20. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Hey if you stay down here give me a buzz, After two tournys back to back theres NO WAY the the lady of the house is going to let me stay out all weekend.

I know I can talk her into a couple hrs thats easy:wink: