Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who will be fishing this weekend?? I am dying to get out on the river and fish! I've got three brand new rigs to break in, a freshly repaired lower unit, new plugs and new crankin battery!! I'm ready for some big 'ol kitten slime!! I'll be fishing with the girls though, probably will be putting in around Alton area or on the Missouri near Weldon Spring or in St Charles. Boy....the choices!! :eek:oooh::big_smile::big_smile:

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Bill, I'll be fishing, but up at Mark Twain, I think. I'm starting to get burnt out on fighting all this high water. I figured I'd go up there and try to catch me some fish for the freezer.:wink:

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I'm gonna try to go tomorrow. I want to look around for some mushrooms. I would like a mess of catfish and mushrooms. Sounds really good. I will prolly go to Weldon Spring. Aint sure what time yet
Bob, they been finding a few early greys and blacks over here from say Carlyle Lake area south, the next few warmer nights ought to have some pop'n, Lord knows it's plenty wet enough!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I just got done putting the finishing touches on my new rods and reels. I think I am going to find some water to fish this weekend. Aaron and I are going to hit the water on Saturday if there is a dry ramp down here by then.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
NICE! Question, are those lefty reels the same price? I know some models I have seen are hard to find?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I wouldn't mind doing a dollar tourney, but I think I will be crappie fishing. I've had a bad hankering for some crappie fillets. I may try to catch some eater size channels too. I dunno though. I was wanting to go to Mark Twain to have a few beers and get away for the weekend, but nobody wants to go. If it comes down to it, I may just stay around here and fish.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I thought you just said you weren't going to MTL
No.. I wanna go up there, but If I have to go by myself, I may end up just staying down here. If I stay down here, I will either go on the river, or go down to Goose Creek Lake.:wink:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
No.. I wanna go up there, but If I have to go by myself, I may end up just staying down here. If I stay down here, I will either go on the river, or go down to Goose Creek Lake.:wink:
Hey if you stay down here give me a buzz, After two tournys back to back theres NO WAY the the lady of the house is going to let me stay out all weekend.

I know I can talk her into a couple hrs thats easy:wink:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.