Fishing This saturday 2/11 San Diego?

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ironbelle, Feb 9, 2006.

1. ironbelle

ironbelle New Member

State:
    San Diego, CA
    Thought I would put this out there. I don't have a boat so I shore fish. I've wanted to go to San Vicente or Santee Lakes, but have never been. Just wanted to see if there were any guys/girls going fishing this weekend in San Diego. Maybe we could meet up at the lake. Not looking to party, but to learn catfishing techniques. It's my goal for 2006 to go places I've never been in and around San Diego.

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Ironbelle, Welcome to the BOC:) So how ya do? I got skunked:crying: Happy to see a new California member;) Make your self compfy and jump right in.

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    i would take you up on that but have been really busy lately and have not been able to get out in fish. in march i will make way down there and give it a shot a few times as otay and el capitan has been doing good for crappie and even some cats lately.

4. ironbelle

ironbelle New Member

State:
    San Diego, CA
    I couldn't find anyone to go to San V and I wanted to go with someone who fishes there regularly so that I wouldn't waste a day trying to figure out stuff. I went to Lake Murray Sat and caught one trout in the first half hour of casting. That was the only fish I caught, left at noon. I just got back from fishing at Lake Murray. Brought home two nice size trout. Lost 3. Lost two on the hook set and one broke off. Probably didn't tie a great knot. I threw out chicken livers that I cured yesterday with garlic powder and set in the sun. Not ONE nibble. I used thin wire to wrap on the bate to keep it on the hook, not one nibble, tug or nothing. Just trout.

5. ironbelle

ironbelle New Member

State:
    San Diego, CA
    Bluehunter. If you make it down here, let me know. Softball season starts and I play on Sundays, but can fish on Saturdays. Maybe you can show me "El Crapitan" as we called it growing.

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    i will be down there for sure. sav v pre spawn patterns tend to kick in around late march and early april and sometimes you can get a huge stringers of double digit channels and some good blues. i know a few spots there so i'll show you a few things. I will however go out there in early march as well.

7. ironbelle

ironbelle New Member

State:
    San Diego, CA
    Great! Let me know when you are coming out and what day! Looks like I'll be bringing my one catfish rod since all my other gear is for trout.