Fishing - This really hurt

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by BigCat4, Aug 19, 2006.

1. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    i went fishing the other night with my dad and his freind and i couldnt see and i casted out and it got caught in a tree so stood up pooled on it and all i remember is a big SNAP! and when i woke up i was in the hospital...i had had a 1 1/2 oz. egg weight hit me right on the side of the head about half inch from my right templemy dad said it had to have been going at least 80-90mph from how hard i was pullin and the tree was maybe20-30 yards from me....talk about bad night...:sad2: :sad2: :lol: :lol:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

OUCH:beat_shot: :beat_shot: :beat_brick: :beat_plaster: :beat_plaster:

3. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    sorry, but that is funny. I got cut by a hook as it went flying between my legs when I yanked a lure out of the tree. Hope all is well with you now. Life jackets and helmets, gotta keepem' in the boat.:lol:

4. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    lol i was laughing when they told me what happened and no body will see me fishing with a helmet just aint happenin:lol: :lol:

5. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Oh man that had to hurt. Glad your alright Bro.

6. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Sorry to hear that,travis, but glad you posted it. Maybe more of us will be more aware of this possable type injury.

7. ldp4657

ldp4657 New Member

State:
    Two Egg, Florida
    I got my first ear piercing while fishing. My little brother was attempting to throw out his then new Zebco 202. Well to make a long story short. The only thing caught that day was a 65lb yungun by the ear on 8lb test line and #4 hook. I can feel your pain brother. JUST KEEP ON FISHIN!!!!:wink:

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

If I ever go fishing with you I may bring a helmet for myself. lol:big_smile_2: :0a33: :0a33: :0a33:

9. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    maybe everyone on the lake should wear a helmet!

10. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    im glad it didnt kill you.
    those dang weights arent a joke when you go pulling on them
    its almost worth the loss of a weight as opposed to getting hit with one trying to save one from a snag.
    i posted a pic of my leg a week or two ago .
    i had snagged up in a tree right off the bank and i pulled it hard and it felt like a pellet rifle shot to my calf .
    it left a big bruise for around a week or so.
    i actually thought the little splitshot weight had penetated my skin.
    BE CAREFULL YOU'LL PUT YOUR EYE OUT

11. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ouch... glad to know your alright... i sometimes get my line to snap back on me and cut my knuckles open.... i couldnt imagine getting nailed with a sinker.....

12. badams

badams New Member

State:
    california
    I know what you're talkin bout. I used to do allot of surf fishing and used 2 oz. pyramid sinkers. . Id stand about knee deep in the water and fish. Sometimes when reeling in to check my bait I'd halt here and there and let it sit to see if I'd get hit. Corbina will sometimes come up in ankle deep water looking for soft shell sandcrabs. A couple of times I'd get a good strike and forgetting where my setup was I'd rear back on it to set the hook. Feel the line stretch a little then here comes the 2oz. sinker sizzling through the air towards me. One of em hit me right in the chest once and knocked me flat on my butt. I had a swelled up pyramid shaped bruise on my chest for a couple of days. Its like a danged deer slug coming at you. Glad you're alright man. It could have killed you hitting you in the head like it did.

13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It's a good thing your OK. I bet dad was scared.

14. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    that hurts, glad your ok. my father-in-law and i was cat'n the tippy river a few years back he did the same thing. it was a bullet sinker, it went right into his hand, the hospital had to remove it. he called it the 1000 dollar sinker,lol.

15. BigGreen

BigGreen New Member

State:
    IL
    Wow, sorry to hear that man. I had to learn the hard way to duck, and hide like a sissy girl when pullin line out of a snap.:embarassed:

16. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad you are alive and kicken bro, it could of been worse.

17. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    After he caught you, did he set the hook?:lol: Sorry for the laugh. I've had many hooks and leads fly by my head, too close for comfort; I fish with my wife!:lol:

Have a nice day.

18. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Glad to hear you're OK; had to have hurt. If you start having more headaches than normal or have trouble with your vision, see your doctor; even minor head injuries can cause problems later. Not trying to scare you, just want you to be safe.

Have a nice day and a long life.

19. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    OOUUCH!

Ive been hit a few times by sinkers, but not that bad. I did take a 2 ounce bank sinker to the cheek once. Yipe!

I remember one time when I was a kid... maybe 10 years old, some family was visiting my grandparents from Italy and I was on the back pond fishing. One of them snuck in behind me to watch me fish and I didnt see her. I ended up hooking her with a big 9 inch rapala. all 3 trebles got her in the back of the head.

I couldnt help it. I laughed.

Sorry to hear you got hurt though. I broke off 50lb microbraid the other day and it sounded like a .22 going off. The swivel went by REAL close to my ear. It shot over my shoulder and took all of the 30 yards of line straight in the other direction... now that is momentum!

take care of yourself. You dont want to get whatcked enough by sinkers to become a "dee dee-dee". LOL

As for me... Dee dee-dee! :big_smile:
    Sal

20. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    lol, thats a good story to tell ur kids
    ha ha sorry but that funny