Fishing this monday 10-8

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by tigger_tat_55, Oct 3, 2007.

1. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    hi there,

think Im going to give lake havasu a try this monday. anybody going to be out that way??

is dale still around?? was going to give him a call but lost my cell.

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Tim.... Dale may not be "looking and Posting Much".... kind of a blue boycott.......If you can not reach him... PM me and I'll give you what I have for his cell.......Good luck at Havasu...where are you going and what is the fish that you are going for????

bayrunner ray

3. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    going to try for some cats, but will also do some trolling for stripers and anything else i can get. i have not fished havasu from a boat. it should be fun. I still have not made up my mind if im going to go there or blyth area. prob wont know till i get there.

4. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Hi Tim.... If you haven't launched from Havasu, I'd suggest Havasu Springs on The Az side of lake as it is just after Parker Dam launch area. There is a ramp area at Dam area, but it is open water there, and Havasu Springs is more protected. You will have easy access to the Islands to the south of the lake, and Bill Williams river area.... Got shallow water there....

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    You know Tim, I would join you if not hundred of miles away:sad2: Hope a good report from ya:wink:

6. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    What's a couple of hundred miles to a fisherman?

7. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Tom, you are right what is a couple of hundred miles to a fisherman..... the only porblem is that you drive 200 miles to get to the grapevine and then cross it ....... it can "chew up" some old cars loaded with gear and kids etc.... not just like "flat land miles".... going to the dessert (Blythe) you got some heat and two more good grades..... Maybe we should have Robb "fly down" and meet us?

bayrunner ray

8. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Well, if I was going to the river at Yuma from Fresno I'd cross at Tehachappe and cross to the I-10 to the Az 95 and go south from Needles. I'd guess that trip to be around 400 miles.
    Wouldn't want to make it with a car full of nose pickers.

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Come on Tom, look at the positives.....You would not have to stop to eat:crazy::big_smile:

10. Ecfool

Ecfool New Member

State:
    California
    Hate to sound stupid....well ok ignorant, but does Lake Havasu require a AZ fishing license or will a California with river stamp work?
    Owned a duplex in Lake Havasu for years and go there at least once a month but never considered fishing there with my nephew due to thought it required a AZ license and being the cheap dude I is wont pay non-resident price for license.

11. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    just need the stamp. can fish boat or shore then.
    gary

12. gilmafam

State:
    California
    River stamp is good anywhere the Colorado River forms a boundry between Ca. and Az.
    That invcludes Havasu.

13. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    good luck at havuse tim, i went last week for a couple of days at sandpoint campsite with a friend, i caught 3 decent cats in the cove off the docks there off livers and anchovies, good striper action too, tryed fishing over in parker dam behind the bouy lines, but it was during the day, got a few nibbles but had to be back at the campsite for dinner so thats why i hit the docks that night, anyways be safe and the weather is really good out there this time of year, but dont forget your bug repelent:smile2:

14. Jedi007

Jedi007 New Member

State:
    Chino Hills, California
    A resident is defined as any person who has resided continuously in California for six months or more immediately before the date of application for a license, or persons on active military duty with the armed forces of the United States or an auxiliary branch or Job Corps enrollees.

Anyone fishing from a boat or other floating device on the Colorado River or adjacent waters forming the California-Arizona border must have a special use stamp in addition to either a California or Arizona fishing license. The holder of a California license must have an Arizona use stamp, and the holder of an Arizona license must have a California Use Stamp.

This section comes from the Department Of Fish and Games 2007 Sport Fishing Rules and Regulations. Hope this helps...

15. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Great info Nick. thanks....:0a31:

16. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    guess I should just pack away the gear for the year. did not make it out to fish this last weekend. life got in the way. this year has not been a good one for me fishing. bout the only time i have caught anything was at the river gathering in may. oh well. I'll see if i cant get down to the river at least one more time befor it gets to cold.

hope all of you are well.