fishing the white under 65

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by stan the man, Oct 16, 2008.

1. stan the man

stan the man New Member

State:
    Zionsville, In
    any one fish the white river under or by the 65 bridge? it seems like the river is really wide there and is there a ramp nearby for my boat, it could even be a little up river like by 465 even.
    :0a35:

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    welcome stan! sorry, i havent fished this area yet.. im willing to though!

3. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Welcome to the BOC. You'll get addicted.

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    you two dont know about this place????????????

Its cool. I dont either..

5. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    sure dont shane.. fill me in

6. j-catfish

j-catfish New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have fished under the 38th st bridge just north of 65 a couple of times about 2 months ago ,caught several channels( biggest being 6-7 pounds)your right the river looks wide but trust me its not very deep untill you get past 38th st when the river narrows back down.we put in the boat by 30th st and went north, as you get close to 65 we had to hug the bank on the right side and try to follow the channel that was only round 2-3 feet most of the way.after you get past 65 good luck because it was less then 1 foot when we went through, but if you can get north of 38th st a little ways it gets back to 15 foot (give or take in some spots) and we did catch channels and flattys up that way(biggest 15 pound flatty)its well worth the trip if you dont mind getting your feet wet or trying to find a better way then we did.

7. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Is there any chance of walking to the banks?:confused2:

8. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If it's only a foot deep you could drive your truck up it Dave. Just fish from the hood.

9. lfeduccia

lfeduccia New Member

State:
    indiana
    There are alot of rocks that are not to kind to your prop. and some of the holes are straight drops i would not take my truck. After getting by the spot J was talkin about cut across to the left you well get into a channel. but farther up it drops to less then 6 inches in some spots we were unable to make it as far as I wanted but it was worth it.

yes there are spots where you can walk to I saw a couple of men fishin from the banks but I do not know how they got there.

If you go take an extra prop and make sure your boat is able to go into at least 4 to 6 inches of water. A kayack (I think I missed speeled that) would be the best or a wide flat bottom.

10. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    That's what I like to hear!:wink:

11. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany

That's worth thinking about!:0a20: