Fishing the weekend of the 4th?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Arkie55, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I know this up coming weekend is a big weekend for all Americans. Is anyone going fishing this weekend? If so, where you headed and what are you after.:lol: (as if I didn't know)

My oldest son and family will be coming down from KC and he wants to fish. So, I guess I'll just have to go fishing Saturday. We will be hitting the Black River again and of course we'll be chasing the whisker fish. I hope to catch some fresh bait this afternoon and tomorrow. Nothing better than fresh skipjack. Second best is fresh Shad.

OK folks. Lets report.

2. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I guess I'll be on the rivers alone this weekend right? NOT!!! I know some of you will be fishing.

3. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    hey terry, you wont be alone i,m going tommorow for sure and i might go this evening.maybe our luck will be holding as strong as always.will let you know how it goes. good luck robbie

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I sure would like to go but not able to go.

5. fisherdude

fisherdude New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I was out yesterday aftenoon in a little cove off the Lake Dardanelle Illinois Bayou and got not even one in 3 hours. Last Saturday, I went below the Dardanelle dam and got not one. Can someone tell me where they are biting this time of year on Dardanelle?

6. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I always plan on fishing on the weekend. Just don't know where or when right now. Good luck everyone and have a safe 4th of july weekend.

7. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I took my son and his buddy out for less than 3 hours this morning. We fished catalpa worms at Nimrod on a baited spot. It was slow as the lake is falling still. We had fun and it was nice on the lake. We kept 10 Channel Catfish 2 to 4 lbs each and released 2 small Blue Catfish. My son's buddy was very happy as he does'nt get to fish much. He was tickled , when we filleted them and sent them home for his family.

8. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Ron, I wish I could help you but I to have been doing a lot more fishing than catching. It will pick up before to long. I hope.

Also welcome to the Brotherhood, it's always nice to have more Arkies in the family.

ST

9. fisherdude

fisherdude New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I went out in front of the Dardanelle dam this afternoon. I caught a few bullheads and channel cats but no blues and nothing with any size. They were hitting DK and nothing would touch my cut skipjack. Glad I had the DK with me. I wonder where the blues are hiding.

10. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Went to Crown Lake Friday night. Caught 1 little bullhead and a 4# channel. Was real slow on the bites too. Water in there was awful warm..you could have taken a bath in it.

11. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Heading out late this evening boy's for an all nighter:crazy: :crazy: With my ol'e pal Allen from poteau ok. Going down to the Ar. river at scranton ......Hopefully they will cooperate.:roll_eyes:

12. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    My oldest son, my youngest son and I hit Black River Saturday morning as planned. It was a beautiful morning. We went down river from the landing and set up on our first hole. Nothing. Not even a tap. Got ready to pull anchor and she was hung solid. Tried to pull it loose with the boat and well I guess you know the rest of the story, lost the anchor. Anyway, we headed on down river and I tied up to a snag in a hole and my youngest caught a nice 3lb channel. Guys, that was it for the day. We fished until 2:00 pm without catching another fish. We got a few taps and a run or two than both sons missed by either being to slow or to fast engaging the reels. We had a good time and really enjoyed the trip but it wasn't to productive.

13. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Terry, You might not of caught any fish, but at least you got to spend the day with yer boys. Once they get out on thier own and working with thier own lives, Time with them dwindles. I havent fished with my boys in a long time. Yer lucky...... Mac

14. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I wanted to fish at lake nockamixon with my wife but its closed because of all the floods. im hoping to go to greenlane reservoir. but i have to call them to see if their closed too. :(

15. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mac, you couldn't be more right. I sure do miss all the times that me and my boys used to share on the banks. Once in a blue moon my youngest boy will go with me, and believe me, I charish it.

16. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Guys, I got some good news Thursday, I guess it was good. Me and Sis were fishing and trying to figure out why we weren't catching fish and well the short version is I had the wrong time of the year in mind. We went for a couple of years without fishing cause Daddy's health got so bad but anyway she said that it was late fall when we found our catfish honey holes. I thought it was this time of the year so maybe we will really get into the fish in a few months. I also need to spend more time looking for summer holes. I just need it to cool off some now.

ST

17. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :big_smile: :big_smile: When ya start a post with abig grin ya know it is a good one! We caught right at 30 blues on the 3rd....went on the Ar. river at scranton.....they were biting good....no problems catching fish..2-10 ft were where they were at. DK was the bait of choice...wouldn't touch shad....:crazy:

18. fisherdude

fisherdude New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I went back out in front of the dam on Dardanelle during the evining of July 3, and caught 12 - 15 small blues and channel cats; all on DK. Nothing over 2 pounds. I put them all back to grow.

19. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    How big were the catfish ? We are catching channels on Nimrod. The channels are average'n 2 to 4 lbs. With a good 7 to 9 lber every once in awhile. We use Catalpa Worms over baited holes.
    The bigger fish are hitting noodles baited with live bream. There were some nice Blues and Flatheads caught this week. ( 5 to 25 lbs ). But the bulk of fish caught are channels (2 to 6 lbs ) .:lol:

20. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    We were averaging 5lbs a fish.......:cool2: