Fishing The waterworks out of Russellville!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Jul 1, 2007.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    A buddy showed me the water works dam. This seems to be a great area to catch big fish. The water has a constant current,deep holes and a bunch of blue gills seen . Have any of you Arkansas members fished this area.

2. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Never heard of it. Is it on the River or off of it?

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Dan, That water works is on Illinois Bayou

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    top i fished the dam once.we caught lots of stripers and white bass.i didnt fish for cats but it looked really good.give us a hollar when you get back.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've been up there by land, Top, but never by boat. It did look pretty good.

6. rushryder

rushryder New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Me and and a buddy of mine fished the water works dam a few years ago. We were using shad and ended up keeping about 15 catfish but none of them were big. It's a nice little spot though. We were not able to catch any shad there though. We had to get them from the river.

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I hope to fish the water works very soon. I know there must be catfish there.:wink:

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Just remembered. I did hear that it's a very good spot for white bass when they make their run in the spring.

9. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Waterworks?
    Is it a place that might not be affected by the huge amount of water coming down the river?
    How would I find it, being from Harrison?
    I hate to appear ignorant but sometimes I just can`t hide it.

10. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Dennis, Call me when you get into Russellville, It is hard to explain the directions, I will take you to the boat ramp. I think you have my phone number. If not Pm me and I will send it to you.

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I fished the water works yesterday. We caught two small ones only about a pound. Eating size only, but I was fishing!:wink:

12. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    i have been fishing the creeks that run into the river. thats all i have caught is small one. i don't know where the bigger one are staying. maybe by the last of august the river will be run down to a normal level. just being on the water is better than sitting home.
    boliver

13. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    You got that right sarge, at least you got to go. I did buy me a couple of good life vests at a yard sale this morning. Now I need to take em out on the water.

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The few fish that we have caught at the water works have been very small. I haved not fish the arean in a while.:angry: