Fishing the Wabash tonight

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by gone_fishin, Jun 2, 2006.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    Fishing the Wabash tonight around the Georgetown area. If anyone wants to join me call my cell 765-461-3850

2. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good luck Justin! Hope ya hook a biggun :cool2: ...let us know how ya did.

Smitty

3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    Thanks! I had to go catch some sunfish becuase the only thing I can find at the bait stores are some small shiners.

4. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Good luck man, let us know how it goes

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    good luck man hope ya get a biggun! you ever try the eel river confluence in logan?

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    NOTHIN! Had a real nice fish on but it hung me up. Had a few solid hits on cut bait but nothin.

7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    I haven't fished the Eel for a long time. I used to fish between the big dam and the small one but I never caught anything real nice. Not to long ago a 80-85lb flathead was caught downstream from the little dam underneath the sixth street bridge in 2' of water.

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    so we are goin to see the new state record updated soon then? record is 79# since like 66,that would be big news and spread like wild fire. i would question whoever told you that bud.

9. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    I've seen the picture and it was weighed at a local bait shop. The guy didn't know it was a state record fish. I showed him in the DNR book that the record was 79# and he couldn't believe it. Is it possible for him to still put in an application?

10. whiskerbiscuit

whiskerbiscuit New Member

State:
    Blue Island, Ill
    I found a web site this morning for a campground right on the wabash river in lafayette indiana.How is the fishing on the wabash river?Thank's Mike

11. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    whiskerbiscut,,, Fishing is good on the wabash. Whats the name of the campground?

12. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    Its pretty good, I seem to have the best results when the river is up.

13. rompn84yota

rompn84yota New Member

State:
    Indiana
    fishing on the wabash is pretty good...i fish the wabash just west of carlisle (which is south of sullivan about 10 minutes). i fish mostly around the mouth of busroe but got a few other good spots when the water level is right...good luck to ya

14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    that would suck! i dont think he can do it now,pretty sure you need to produce the fish to a biologist. then they wiegh it on certified scales. poor guy will be kicking himself for a long time for that.

15. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    thinking about luanchin the boat on the wabash saturday night. just wandering if anyone has been catching some flatheads and what the river conditions are like

16. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    whiskerbiscuit
    That campground is where the tippe. empties into the Wabash. It's a ten minute boat ride from my house. I have been catching alot of channels. Give me a shout if you stay there.

17. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    The river has risen quite a bit over the last few days. The action seems to be around the creeks right now. I fished the actual river tonight and didn't get one hit.

18. sam

sam New Member

State:
    Martinsville IN
    Hey Gone_Fishin,
    Where did you find the photo of that 79 lber. ??? I'd like to see it.
    Sorry i don't post much on this site anymore guys, the management deleted lots of my post, and i've got to the point that i almost expect them to be deleted anymore. So i just quit posting !

19. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    It was over 80lbs and you can see the pic at Peaties bait and tackle in Logansport.

20. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    just wanted to see if i can get another update on the river conditions. if anyone has seen it lately