Fishing the Scioto River near chillicothe

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by ohio hilljack, Jan 3, 2008.

1. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    any of you guys fish the scioto river near chillicothe . if so do you do any winter fishing . i fish alot from april to nov but never fished for cats in the winter

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Almost there hilljack, keep those post coming. I find the water to be very shallow in the chillicothe area?

3. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    thats why they keep making boat props for those old motors

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    If nobody is fishing the scioto around chillicothe, then where is the best places. Where there boat ramps south of chillicothe, there is obviously the one at the park annex but I believe a man would have much better luck if he could get in around the paint creek/scioto intersection.

5. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    RANGER 4U i think i've got a lead on the Paint Creek and Scioto intersection, Drews got a buddy who owns property just down stream. He said every year they get several thirties and a couple forties in about a two mile run .But we both know word of mouth isn't very reliable .

6. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    That said ,i'll fish it while you are on the big trip and have the holes mapped out when you get back .Of course i'll move the fish to another hole...

7. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have fished quite a bit from chilli to circleville.I have found the best way to navigate this river is with a jet boat.Some places are only a few inches deep,but there are a few holes:wink:that are 20 plus feet deep between walmart in chilli and the powerplant on u.s.23 @ the franklin pickaway county line.