Fishing the sandbar on evansville riverfront...

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by biga, Sep 25, 2007.

1. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    just curious if anyone has any luck fishing around sandbars.. there is a big bar in the middle of the river at the evansville riverfront that has sparked my intrest.. i took my kids out to play on the bar yesterday [forgot my poles..]] and while out there swimming i seen a nice blue cruising around the point of the bar in about a foot of water!!!! do any of you evansville or henderson guys fish around the sand bars or just head for the deep holes?

2. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    hey big a.... i fished around it once the upstream part in about 10 ft of water ... caught a few small channels ..nothing big. im heading out thievening if u want to get together... hitting the riverfront up.

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    what area will you be fishing? if i come down i will be in a big white dford diesel dually..

4. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    we fished the riverfront till 10pm ... landed a bunch of cats in the 5 to 10lb range... and a 31.2lb carp ... caught the carp withing 10 minutes of being there ... out up a heck of a fight. what a mess of fish.

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    there were a few people down there fishing tonight when i drove by

6. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i didnt get there till 11:30 .... hey what u doing tonight tomorrow morning... im heading down there about 3am... they say they have been turning on at a certain spot ... (ill take u there but i cant say on here) about that time.. give me a call on my cell if u want anytime.. 461-8722..

7. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i didnt get there till about 11:30... im gonna hit up a spot tonight tomorrow morning about 3am.. if u want u can join ... just give me a call on my cell 461-8722... thats when it will be right and tight for cats.