Fishing the sand waves

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Michael Jake, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Last few times out on the river has made me wonder as to ways to fish the sand waves, so I thought we could open it up. Good friend of mine from the bootheel area said folks from his area love to drift noodles over the humps and waves of sand around 12 to 15 ft. deep... Has anyone come up with different ways to fish this structure?

2. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    You can try a bottom bouncer type thing that they commonly use for walleye. Just put a small float on the hook line so it will help keep your bait of choice of the bottom a bit. I usually use cutbait. I have not tried this tactic in a river but it works like a charm drifting through snaggy humps in a lake iam sure with a little tinkerin you could find a leader lengh/ wieght combo that would work for you. If the bottom bouncer is to cumbersome with that long wire coming of the bottom of it they make a baitwalker that has a similar design that is much more compact and easier to use. hope this helps and tight lines to ya.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Have you tried the kat-bobbers? they are pretty big and look like they would work like a jug/noodle just attached to the line.

4. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    I have tried floating the noodles and i have tried bouncing the bottom. both have worked for me. i personally like the bouncing the bottom. its quite a rush to go to raise and feel a snag but then the snag takes off doubling the pole over. noodles are exciting an a good way to fill a frying pan. but i prefer the more hands on aproach.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

check out the maine-wolf products and have a look at the kat-bobbers.