Fishing the Salt.

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by Fishin_Brud, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona
    When you are fishing the salt river for catfish near saguaro lake, would you fish more towards pebble beach or granite reef and what spots would be Good?

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I have never fished there before.. What is the water depth/current like?

~ Are fishing from a boat, or the shoreline? When on a river with mostly shallow spots, I would look for the deeper holes and structure..
    Good luck.

3. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks, but the problem is I have heard of cats being caught but never seen one caught there.

4. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    As you go north on Power rd and go over the hill and start to swing to the right there is a spot on the left with a charge to park and fish follow the trail up river and you will find excellent holes there. Deep and slower moving. I fished it and caught some bass but no flatties but I will say it looked really good for flats. I never spent enough time there to figure it out. Good luck dudes.

5. willdavidix

willdavidix New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have never caught any flats above Granite Reef Dam. But I have caught plenty in the hole under the dam. That is when they let water run throught the dam. Caught 3 Flats last weekend 5-10Lbs. So I imagine there are plenty above. My problem with that area is there is not alot of spots to fish from the bank.

6. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Problem with that hole below granite Reef dam, is that is on the Salt River Indian reservation.

7. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona
    K, so what do you use and where should i go? Is there any place close under the sag dam that has cats or where else?

8. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    PM me Ill take to to several spots. Flatheads are still slow though. the area just below the Granite reef Dam, will get your truck towed, and arrested by the Salt River Indian Police. As soon as you get off the SRP road or cross it, over the south canal, you are in Indian Country.

9. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona
  10. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona