Fishing The Sac river in Missouri

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by redneckdrum, Feb 15, 2006.

1. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Does anyone bankfish the Sac River @ the 82Hwy bridge S. of Osceola? Let me know,Im down there all through the summer.What have y'all caught there?

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I fish it from the boat but have seen several bank fishing there by the bridge.
    Ive caught spoonbill, white bass, crappie, catfish, walleye, gar and carp.

3. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    i've caught the same vareity down there also.even caught a copperhead by the fang's(well,my leg did)

4. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I fish there alot every summer, the same fish caught as these guys but the last time I was up there it looked like the water was down a lot. great place's to camp near by, and every think else you might need

5. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Around 82 bridge , keep an eye open, for cottonmouth, especialy around 1st of Aug. and dog days they get very agressive about that time , Their shedding and I think they may be mating. Ive hade them raise up on water like a cobra and show, their white mouth. they seem to come to virbrations like people fishing in a boat and talking. 82 bridge to 54 bridge seems to be a pretty good bunch, of them Sac need rain or water of some kind, With stockton like as low as it is, It looks like it will have to be rain .

6. fraid_knot

fraid_knot Guest

I've fished there on occasion. Great gar fishin!
    Meybe I'll run into some of ya'll this year.

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Definetly no shortage of snakes there.
    I had two friends in there boat right behind mine and a snake was swimming across the water. They were in a deep V boat with a tiller mount. The snake came around the back of there boat and raised up to come in at the motor. We about died laughing watching as the driver was soon up in the front seat with the other guy. After a wild fishing pole beating in the boat as it was still running down river the snake made his exit.

8. Sinker

Sinker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fishin at the bridge ain't bad, but it would be a whole lot better if people would clean up after themselves! If they hafta dump their garbage in a public use area like that, I don't give a big D if they do get snakebit! It never fails to amaze me. Looks like they save it up all week to leave their mark at their favorite fishin hole. I'll shutup now, before I start raving.

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I cant see why the corp dosnt put a trash can in the area.
    They come thru everyday any way, how much more work and expense can it be, Granted it is a free launch site but they have enough pay ramps around the lake to more than make up for it.

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I had a guy tell me the other day that some people have been picking up walleyes where the Sac and Osage meet. Useing jigs.

11. Sinker

Sinker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Haven't talked to anybody that would know about the walleyes an such.
    As for the barrel; In the beginning there was a vault toilet there, along with trash barrels, as well as contract litter pickup down to the water daily. In no time the place became the city dump, or so it seemed. I know because I was the contractor that year. The vault like the others in the area filled with trash that couldn't be pumped out so they tore it down and did away with it. I doubt if it would be different today even tho humans have had another 24 years to evolve! The roadside riverview park had a barrel for as long as I can remember til recently. It was nothing to see a pile of household trash that hid the barrel just about any day. And to top things off it usually was full of fish cleanings. Try touristing around that in the summer. I hope ya go up there soon before the leaves hide things again, you'll get to see all the crap that didn't go in the barrel.

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Its definetly a shame some folks throw there trash out like that Sinker.
    A lot of people will even bring the household trash to dumpsters apposed to paying 10.00 a month for trash service. I know by the end of spoonbill season the roscoe ramp its allways a mess also. I dont understand why more of the residence dont pitch in and keep it cleaner. It would be nice to see some new restrooms put in and dumpsters placed at both of these areas and a little more comitment to keep them policed.

13. Sinker

Sinker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's way more than just the locals who use the ramps. You got the same thing over round Warsaw. It's everwhere. I guess its up as much as anybody ta you and me! I don't think the corps' gonna reverse their decision. By the way, thanks!

14. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Troy,If you get the urge, Iam ready , I tracked some cats, not far from their two. When trapping that area.
    ben listing for some walleye reports. frist Ive heard, let me know week ends work better., but can slip away, in afternoon on some days. would prefer,
    above 32 degrees, But if they will bite at 26 Ill be their I think.

15. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Sounds good Jim
    Looks like back to the 50s next week. Gotta be better than this today.
    Will give you a ring soon and we will give em a try. :0a22:
    This cold weather crap is giving me cabin fever.....

16. Sinker

Sinker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If enuff of you guys from BOC fish the SAC and Osage this summer, maybe we can communicate and stop some of the thievin and littering and other BS!

17. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Y'all talkin' bout fishin' 'round Roscoe,we really are country boy's,ain't we?

18. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Oh! by the way,y'all are talkin' about people trashin' the Sac,I confess I'm a contributer.After my copperhead incident down there 2 years ago,I left a canvas tackle bag on the bank,it has some expensive Mustad & Gamakatsu hook's in it.If any of you find it,let me know!

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    LOL. I'm gonna have to get some rubber snakes and put them out so I can get some new hooks.;)