Fishing the Red River

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by cro, Apr 29, 2007.

1. cro

cro New Member

State:
    BAYOU STATE
    Anyone been fishing the Red River lately?

2. chadf

chadf New Member

State:
    Bossier, La
    went out this AM ran noodles for a while. The river was really comming up. we only cought about 7. by the time we got back to the ramp the river had risen almost another ft.

3. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC Both of you.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC.

Enjoy,

Cheryl

5. patric3069

patric3069 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I've been living in Germany for three yrs and I'm finally coming home for a 3wk vacation. During that time, I plan on cat/gar fishing as much as possible. I've been looking at maps, buying a catmaxx rod and Cormoran reel (don't know if they sell them in the US), and plotting my morning and evening shore excursions along the Red.
    I'll have two rod and reels, a cast net, and time on my hands.
    I plan on using shrimp, shad, and any cut bait I can catch. And I don't have a boat.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm hitting it hard starting 14June.

6. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    If you're going to be in the Shreveport/Bossier area and want to run some noodles and tightline let me know. I live right by the Teague launch and I go out there all the time. The river is way high right now. It probably won't be right until the end of May.

7. patric3069

patric3069 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Definitely! Like I said, I'll be there around the 14th. I have 3wks of nothing planned....other than fishing.

8. mullyden

mullyden New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Pat,
    Welcome to the BOC. By the way, that is some cutie beside you!

9. patric3069

patric3069 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks, That's the little one. She might accompany me a couple times. Esp when I have to park off HWY 1 and walk over the spillway.....she might get me out of a ticket(don't know if that's exactly legal).