Fishing the Potomac River from shore

Discussion in 'LOCAL MARYLAND TALK' started by mrmarkedwards, Jan 21, 2007.

1. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    any good spots to try for big blues from shore? if so where?

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Fort Washington Light House is an easy spot to hit the big blues. There is also some good spots up in DC water where you can hit deeper channels as well.

3. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    thanks tim i'll give those places a try and report back to you. i'm guessing i can net bait there too?

4. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    You Can Try Right now bait is hard to get , you can Buy fresh bait at the fish market and save alot of time.

5. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    will do. do you do any shore fishing? maybe we could meet up if you have any free time(imagine that, you're a guide) do any saltwater fishing either?

p.s. what other shows are going to be at?

6. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I will be at the Harrisburg PA show in Feb for 9 days helpping my sponsor Ducky's boats any members who make the show stop on byand we can talk catfishing.

7. Rapp-Catter-06

Rapp-Catter-06 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I used to fish from the bank at fort washington with my dad when I was a kid and he caught cats up to twenty pounds off of the bank below the old prison. I don't remember what species they were it was about 25 years ago and I didn't know much about them other than they looked monsterous to me. We would catch white perch and cut them up. I have never had my boat out there so I can't tell you anything other than that.I'm hoping to get my boat out there for the first time in the next few weeks so I have been lurking here a bit to try to learn!!

8. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Welcome Matt the cats you had back then would have been channels. There was alot of them back then in the 20 lb class. Now its all about the blues we have channels but it seems the numbers have when way down after the blues took off. Just read over the board we post alot of stuff to help get you back up and running. You can also contact me if you have a question or need some help.