fishing the ohio river

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by fisherwoman44, Jul 18, 2008.

1. fisherwoman44

fisherwoman44 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    hello everyone, i was just wondering if anyone could tell me some good places to fish in the ohio river.... Me and my boyfriend love catfishing but we mostly fish paylakes and lakes closer to home.... Iam sick and tired of paying to fish and not catching anything..... My biggest fish ever was a 35 lb blue... I was told there is some really good fishing in the ohio river but iam from inez (martin county) KY. Does anyone know any good spots to fish???? plz let me know..... thanks

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Tabitha! Can't tell ya anything about the Ohio, but someone will be along who can. Just dropping in to say welcome to the Brotherhood/Sisterhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :cool2:

3. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    You should try below the mehldol dam on the ohio side its known for big blues and flat daddies

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    welcome to the BOC... rollo

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would sugest just going out and trying new spots on the river, you will fisnd a good one...It may take a few trips.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC this site is full of good info and great people. I am not sure where that county is in KY, but someone will post somthing for you, if they don't just ask again!!

7. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    welcome to The BOC

8. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    :0a25::0a25::0a25:

From shore if u can find the Old Wickets with structure or the wing dams.

Wish I could help more but I only fish the NE section of Ohio on the Big River.

FRESH Cut Shad and Skipjacks can be better bait alot of the times.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tabitha Welcome to the BOC/SOC. I could give you info on the Smithland Pool of the Ohio, but that is probably to far south for you. I look forward to reading your posts.:0a22::0a25::0a25: