Fishing the Ohio River Sunday

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by ScottWiseman, Oct 4, 2006.

1. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Kinda started this in another post, but me and a few members are going to fish the Ohio River from the bank at Markland Dam on Sunday if anyone wants to join up. Bank access is at the little park right there on the Indiana side of the dam off of 156. Not too far of a walk to get to the dam either. Come on out and say hi. Hope to see you there.

2. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    wish I could make it, hope you get into them

3. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Wish i could make it too. But i will be down that way the next weekend with my boat. I should have an extra seat if anybody wants to join

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    if you want to fish closer to the dam theres access under the bridge just east of the dam on 156 at the power plant of the dam you can park there and walk through the open area under the power lines and down over the hill to the hydros below the dam its closer than going through the park and walkin up river on the beach , the hydros is where iv done my best fishing .

what time you planning on being there ? il be there .

5. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I am going to try to be there between 8AM and 9AM and fishing well into the evening. Not sure what I am going to do for live bait, but I should have some frozen shad and skipjack with me...hope to see you there. I will be driving a white Grand Am with fishing stickers all over it...haha.

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    il holler BOC when i show up , il bring fresh shad and can maybe catch skippies there have before on sabiki rigs

7. dg775577

dg775577 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Kaboom,
    Scott posted on the Indiana board that he had to cancel.
    http://indianainfo.net/forum/index.php?topic=1155.0

I was planning on meeting there on Sunday also, I have been looking at the gages and it looks like the river is up pretty good, think it is worth going?

8. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Hey Dave...I am still going...I just am not bank fishing and didint think there would be room in the boat is all. Sorry about that...I will be down there next weekend too.

9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Good luck if you guys make it out there and for goodness sakes, be careful. It looks like the river ought to be running good. Good luck!

10. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah were still planing to meet il be there wether or not , i know some good holes in the upper pool 60+ water with heavy current and ledges be a good spot to hook some big blues and flats

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck, wish I could make it down. Hope ya get some big uns.

12. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah good luck and if you get into them post some pic's for us that aren't catching them :cool2:

13. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    chuck will cath the biggun's. only because i'm not with him!

14. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Man...I had a GREAT time! Chuck is one heck of a guide! I really learned alot in 24 hours on the water (yes...24 hours STRAIGHT...haha). He taught me how to use a cast net in like 5 minutes. I will never buy bait again now. Had some excellent conversations too. Thanks again Chuck for taking the time to take me out.

15. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What about all of the GIANT FISH?

16. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    your quite welcome scott , glad too teach and pass on some of what i know , sorry you didnt catch any fish ,other than in the castnet :lol: maybe next time will be better . we would have had better luck had the water not dropped 2 feet over night , oh and by the way it wouldnt have been 24 hours had the fog not rolled in thicker than pea soup

:lol: thats what i wanna know , think il stick too fishing this end of the pool least down here i catch fish

17. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Scott, you still need to buy bait. Soft Taco's from Taco Bell is Chuck's preferred bait. I am looking forward to getting out this coming weekend

18. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    So who all is going this weekend? Anyone got an extra seat or two? I might make the trip again...with my son too.

19. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I could possibly have 2 seats one day but probably only one. My boat is a 14 footer and only fits three.

20. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Thomas and I will be down there Friday night...probably fishing the Indiana side bank near the dam. Stop by and say hi if you get the chance.