Fishing the Oh river

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Cw606, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Cw606

Cw606 New Member

State:
    Kentucky Ashland
    Ima go fishing monday evening on the ohio riverI know a great place to catch bullhead cats are they good bait? How do you hook em? I usually use blue gill but i want try something different.

2. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    I have heard alot of good catmen swear by them for flatties. Usually about 8-10 inches long. They snip the barbs off. I have never tried them myself just cause i am not much of a flathead fisherman. Want to try them though. There is plans in the site library on how to build a bullhead/bluegill trap. I built one and it catches the snot out of them. Pretty easy to build too.

3. Cw606

Cw606 New Member

State:
    Kentucky Ashland
    Thanks for the info. Im also gonna have bluegill and chubs for bait i just wanna try something new maybe land a lunker.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Welcome aboard!!! There is a few of us from this area on here. You're right up the road from me. Bullheads are great bait, just hard to find around here...:confused2:
    I usually either hook them back by the tail or in the lips.
    Me and Mankind are hitting the Big Sandy/Ohio River today/tonight. The Channel cats have been on fire around here. Only got 1 Flattie so far this year, just a very small one though.

5. Cw606

Cw606 New Member

State:
    Kentucky Ashland
    Heard that buddy