Fishing the Missouri?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Matthew.Morris, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Matthew.Morris

Matthew.Morris New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Has anyone hit the MO in the past few days? Im hesitant to get out there because of the high waters. I was just wondering if anyone has tested the waters yet in NW MO.

2. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fishens gona be slow they starten to spawn.

3. ghostcat78

ghostcat78 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went out today (sunday) Was only going to fish the mouth of a little river that dumps in the missouri and nothing. Went out on the river. in a cut out. In an hour we had Three logs tied to the boat and they're no sapplings either. Monster logs. they were whirlpools going about a foot and half deep (Powerful). But yet no fish. I guess you can't catch them all every time. But allot of headache for nothing.

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Out today and must agree with Alan about the logs and trees. There shouldn't be a tree left in Iowa or Nebraska cause they all floated past me today. All that and nary a fish:smile2::smile2: I think I'm going to try the lakes for a couple weeks. Stay safe and watch out for the trees!!!

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Matt.

6. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    there are a couple left:smile2:... watch out though they might come down... i was out for a boat ride up river yesterday not many trees floating but there was some trash i.e. pop bottles, cans and some beer cans not many sticks and other tree parts floating above mile marker 560.. she was still high though dikes under water and pretty much bank full.. but cleaner than i thought it would be

7. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri

I went out this last friday night in the St. Joe area, had a couple bites, but thats all. I think the blues are starting to nest, so I will probably be slow for the next few weeks. We have a tournament in White Cloud this weekend. Hopefully we can find some hungry fish.

8. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri

The water temp here in St. Joe is 84 degrees. We have 98-100 degree days for the last 4 days.

9. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Poor Matt, your going to have to switch up and try and catch a flathead. Think you can remember how?

10. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    I am hoping I can bring in at least 10 lbs of dinks.

11. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri

Oh, I think I might be able to. Every year I always have to pull the old tricks out of the bag and go after a flathead or two. I usually hold out until August but I might have to do it earlier this year.

12. catfishsal

catfishsal New Member

State:
    Iowa
    haha im an iowan and plan to fishb in two weeks at waverly. Is the river still high?:smile2:

13. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We got a lil rock and piles poken out here ( about time). We fished tonight with sucker minners. Some nice gar and 1 flat about 5 lbs and a lil blue. They on the spawn. If the river gets down another 6 ft lil ones will be easy targets on the front of dikes and behind the sand bars. Mabe even get lucky and hit a good one. Shad guts , minners and ick dip bait ack will get ya into rod bending funn. Put up the winches and break out the light gear and have a blast with the kidds catchen lil 1 to 5 lbrs. Was fishen like that aug 2 and got my PB flat 65lbs.

14. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    im going this weekend so ill have a good report