Fishing the James River next weekend.

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Katmaster Jr., Aug 27, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Well, it's official now, I'm fishing the James River with a guide next Sunday night. A member here "Trophy Hunter" told me about the guide, he has the second biggest from the James which is 84lb Blue. Man, I can't wait! My Birthday is Saturday, so this trip is a gift to me. The guide said we will probably get Blue's at least 30 pounds.

I'll make sure to post pictures and a report after the trip. Wish me luck!

Zakk

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Good luck son and happy birthday.When you get back I would appreciate a PM or post evaluating the guide.I like to keep files on guides at various places for my own use and in case someone else asks.Hopefully the weather will be good for your trip.:smile2:

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck Buddy, I cant wait to se the pics of your big fish!

4. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Im sure you'll do fine and have a great time bro. Be sure to post something in the member fishing reports so we can all se how you've done. GOOD LUCK!

Wheelmobile07

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Good luck I hope you set a new PB.

6. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good luck brother. I want to see pictures.

7. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Happy up coming Birthday Jr. I'm looking forward to the detailed report. Go get um.

st

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Jim, I will definitely let you know what I think about the guide after the trip.

Thanks everybody, report will be here Monday.:big_smile:

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Ahhh, that Tropical Storm is supposed to hit us dead on this weekend.:angry: It's supposed to be a hurricane by the time it gets here too. There is a chance it will be over by Sunday Night, and it might end up not hitting us hard or something. I don't know, all I can do is hope. It would really suck to have to cancel the trip. If we do have to cancel it, it will definitely be rescheduled.:confused2:

10. Rapp-Catter-06

Rapp-Catter-06 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's too bad. I had a trip scheduled for this weekend that I need to watch the weather for as well.

11. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    I had a fishing/camping trip on friday nite but looks like the rain may cancel this out too. Oh well, there is always another day.

Wheelmobile07

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Sorry to hear you guys had stuff scheduled too, there is a chance though, if everything does get cancelled, like you said there is always another day.

13. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Zakk, Good luck and maybe the weather won't affect your trip. Pay attention and learn all you can. A good guide can save you a lot of trial and error...

14. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    catfishhunter,

How much did that fish in your avatar weigh? Looks like a hog, bet that was one great fight.

Wheelmobile07

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks, and yeah I am excited about the learning part of it more then anything else, of course I want to catch a lot of nice fish, but my main goal is to pick up everything I can and like you said save myself a lot of trial and error.

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I think it was 86lbs, but I might be confusing it with someones elses fish off here.

17. Nightfisher

Nightfisher Guest

Aw man I hate to hear you might have to cancel your trip! I'm rained out for tomorrow night thru the weekend too, but It's not a big deal for me since I'm 2 minutes away from the fishing. I hope things change and you get to go. If it's Eberwein your going with, he will put you on em for sure. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a change in the weather, but so far it don't look too good does it?

18. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah Greg, I live about 3 hours away, I think. Jordan Point is where he goes out from I believe, his name is Kevin Salmon and a BOC member told me he is great because his friends went out with him in 2 trips I think it was and got 14 citations, and Kevin Salmon has the 2nd biggest fish out of James too I think, 84 lbs.

So, how is the fishing right now there? When is the best time? I might reschedule the trip for later in the year if it does get cancelled.

19. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Good luck Zakk, I want to get down that way myself at some point in time. Maybe book a trip with Tim Hagan on the Potomac.

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks, Potomac is good too, and Tim will put you on some fish, I plan on going out with Tim one day.