Fishing the Hudson River Tidal Flows

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by StormCaster, Apr 3, 2006.

1. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    Fished from shore saturday & sunday on the flood tide to the top half of the ebb. Saturday was a wash out do the arrival of the 40 mph gust. Sunday the bite was slow throughout the flood to the top of the ebb. I did hook up to one catfish on a blood worm that was my first one since 30 something year ago when I last caught one.

2. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    You must be fishing downstate near NYC ;) The cats are not hitting up in the Albany area yet. Glad to see another New Yorker on here. I will be hitting the river soon here for stripers. Kind of a tune-up for my trip to South Carolina the end of the month. :p Seen any real sign of striper activity down your way yet? The herring have not hit my Albany area yet, when they do I will fill my livewell with them to take to S. Carolina with me. Of coarse I will have to practice on those stripers first. 48 lb'er last year.

Good Fishing brother ! Keep me posted.

3. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    The reason I say you must be fishing NYC way is the way you stated your post. We also have the tide flows here at Albany, right up to the dam at Troy NY about 7 miles away to the north.

4. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    Yep, I am a downstater just above NYC. Actually found out on the internet that the catfish may have PCB so looks like I will not be giving them away now. The catfish have been hitting since opening day here March 16, but I have been concentrating on stripers. So far all schoolies, but I have seen up to 24" caught on bloods & sandworms.

Now the herring you talk about I guess is the river herring. I go for the atlantic herring, which is a end of November event to January. I never tried for the big bass in the river and have always tried for them in the fall run in the surf. Nice size bass you got.