fishing the grand river

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Riverwalker, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Riverwalker

Riverwalker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    hey guys i am a brand new member and this site is great. the amount info at my finger tips is crazy. i just bought some ground by archie mo and the grand river is my back property line. it doesn't get much better than that. my 4yr old daughter and i caught 8 channels last night and it got me pretty fired up. i was just wondering if any of you have fished the grand before and had any comments. last night was the first time we got to wet a line. my daughter thought it was pretty cool i think she is already hooked lol

2. WhiteCats

WhiteCats New Member

State:
    Oak Grove, MO
    I have fished the Grand River in Archie. There are alot of flatheads in the river. I use worms and blue gill when I fish the river and always have a great time. Hope this helps. Kyle

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I never fished it Chris but welcome to the BOC. If ya like to hunt & fish, ya hit pay dirt heah. Have any questions about practically anything, someone here knows the answer.:wink:

4. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    thats flathead country and i know it is for a fact had many good times in the grand !!!!!!

spring rains its full of cats awsome fishin !!!

dont let the size of that little river fool ya huge cats feed in it early spring to a few weeks after spawn :wink::wink:

had the best luck on live gills, leaches, carp and some other live baits .

cut bait channels cat are awsome .

gl fishin !!!!!

5. Riverwalker

Riverwalker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thanks for the replies guys i appreciate it. catfishscotty have you fished up around archie at all

6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    mostly from deep water to urich but went with a friend from work who lived in harrisonville and we fished some log jams around your area and caught some nice fish . log jams all over it awsome cover :wink:

7. Riverwalker

Riverwalker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    ya i'm pretty familiar with the river going east from my ground but never been to the west. i bought a depth finder and im pretty excited to get on the river and find some good spots. i feel like a kid in a candy store when i stand on the bank and look down the river. lol

8. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    fished it alot in the past, should have good luck there most of the time especially in the spring. good to see a youngen getting into fishing good luck

9. Riverwalker

Riverwalker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thats music to my ears. ive fished ever since i was big enough to carry a 5 gallon bucket of bullheads home. but most of those trips on the river back in the day there was more beer drinking than fishing. now its time to learn the river lol lol:smile2:

10. Riverwalker

Riverwalker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    is it true that the best time to fish is right after the rivers goes back down from being up

11. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC CHris. Haven't fished the Grand in years but used to. Born and reared in that area.

12. Riverwalker

Riverwalker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    hey thanks bluejay. what area around here did you grow up in? where abouts did you fish the grand?

13. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Chris. Sounds like you got one heck of a back yard:smile2:. Keep that yougen in the fish. There will be more memorys than you can count with her.

Tom