Fishing the Fourth

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by blackwaterkatz, Jun 28, 2006.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Who's planning to fish Santee Cooper next week???? I hope to get up there some later in the week. Jim, are you still planning for Harry's? I think Roundhill is going to be down, too, not sure where. Maybe we could all meet somewhere for lunch one day, Ron's treat:big_smile:
    I have some committments mon & wed, but hope to get up there some of the other days. Any other members going to be around???

2. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    tommy i will be at atkins landing monday to saturday and will be glad to buy lunch anyplace on the upper or lower lake i think thear is a new place at bonnue but harrys or blacks will do. so come on out boc brothers for the bs and meet an greet

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Tommy I will arrive at Harrys my usual just in time for grits on Sat morning and be there until the 4th.I think we have room #10 then move to 27.We will probably fish Sat morning then come in around 1pm to rest up then go out about 5pm to catch bait and then fish at night until we get tired.I will have my youngest son and his wife with me,the one you met last time.That will pretty much be our daily schedule while we are there so if you want to have lunch at Harrys on Sun that would be fine or Bonneau, doesn't matter which,whatever is easiest.Ron are you arriving Mon the 3rd if so we could meet on Mon for lunch.:smile2:Sorry have to change that to dinner on Mon.

4. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    jim that sounds good to me monday dinner just let me know whear me and wife will be thear

5. Tommy, i'll probably be going up to the lakehouse on 7/3 evening & 7/4 a.m. i'll be fishing for cats in my normal area around island 16. I wish everyone good luck.
    Mark

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    OK Ron how about Harrys say 5 pm?:smile2:

7. Jim, i have a question for you. In your earlier post you said your son and his wife would be joining you for the evening trip. How do handle the bathroom(or lack there of) situation on an extended length trip. My nephew has talked about bringing his girlfriend w/ us sometime and i wonder how u or anyone else handles this situation. i guess it depends on the woman.
    Thanks,
    Mark

8. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Bring a 5 gallon bucket for the women.Or pull up on the bank and let em go to the woods.

9. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    jim we will be at harrys be in blue pontoon tommy are you going to make it

10. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Fishing out of Blacks Sat. Sun. and Mon..........little farther to ride to get to fishing holes but this was the only place I could find any vacancy. Hope the weather clears up, been nasty here in Savannah. Off all week, and may come back after the fourth and try to get a little closer to Marion.

11. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Mark,
    Wal-Mart sells a portable john in the camping section for about 25 bucks. Thats what I take when my wife goes.....Comes complete with toilet seat, paper holder and drop in bucket with screw on lid and some chemicals.

12. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    I'll have to work but wish all of you best of luck and hope everyone hooks a bigun.

13. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I think I can make it, Ron, Jim. The wife has decided not to keep her monday doctor appt, so that should free me up. Hopefully I can get up there to fish, but I'll definitely try to make dinner. Where are you staying, Ron?

14. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Sorry, Roundhill, I forgot that you had posted you would be at Atkins’.

Jim, I may get up there on saturday in time for breakfast, not sure right now. I'm trying to finish installing a new fishfinder, quit until morning, though. After I finish up, I may try to go somewhere tomorrow, time permitting. I've finally got all the wires pulled and the transducer mounted, that's the hardest part.

Bubbasmouse, it’s too bad you have to work, but that should give you an incentive to speed up your next trip down.

Foxhound, Black’s isn’t that far, depending on what kind of boat/motor you’re running. Everywhere is crowded during these holidays. What kind of boat are you in? I may be up that way this Saturday, in a 17’ Key West cc w/90 yamaha, blue bimini top will likely be UP!

Santee Catman, what kind of boat will you be in, just in case I make it out toward 16 on the 4th, although doubtful? Not to be nosy, but what area do you stay in?

15. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Tommy,
    Ill keep an eye out for you guys......Ive got a 18 ft Tracker pontoon with a 60 Merc. four stroke. Ga. registeration and a brown bimini top. Ill have my wife and oldest son with me Sat, Sun, and Mon. Itll be easy to spot..........my wife will have it loaded down so it will look like a booth at a flea market !!!

16. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I'll keep an eye open for you, Foxhound. I hope to be up there, probably launch from Harry's, but not sure where I'll fish yet. The forecast is for south winds 10-15, so I may try lake marion. You never know what the weather will do for sure, until it's over. LOL

17. thanks for all the input on the bathroom situation guys.
    Tommy, i'll be in an older tracker bass buggy dl w/out a top. boat has
    Miss Allene on it. Our family lakehouse is on a cove off simmons creek which is between spires landing and rocks pond. We (our family)have had the the place since i was 3 yrs. old and i'm 41yrs. Hope to see you & everyone else out there.
    Mark

18. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    foxhound santee catman your invited to dinner with me tommy & jim harrys 5pm monday hope to see everyone soon ron

19. Roundhill,Tommy, & Jim thanks for the invite but, i'll be just leaving the dock for the p.m.trip right before 5:00 pm.Ya'll enjoy & good luck
    Mark

20. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good luck guys. I wish I could make it down but duty calls.