Fishing the first of May...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catmanofohio, Apr 24, 2007.

1. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Anyone know if cats will be biting around the beginning of next month... like the first weekend.. cause i got a trip planned. just dont know where to go, either creek or lake.. live close to River, rocky fork, east fork, paint creek, or lake white..... what would u guys choose, and baits? time, locations (bank/boat) anyone been catching any bait fish lately, or any creek chub, minnows? thanks for any information! later guys good luck should be hitting pretty soon, i caught about 20 cats today from 1-2 in long while cleaning the pond out :D lol still dunno what kind, thinking channels

2. HoFFmaXX

HoFFmaXX New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They are hittin now! I caught a couple today in GMR around 12-15lbs. I would recommend gills ro goldies, you shouldnt have any problem by may.

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I've been having good luck with both creek chubs and shad up my way. Shad are around 8-10 inches and caught from the shore. Only caught one small channel Sunday night. Hopefully Thursday will show some mercy and give up a few.

4. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    well i know they are hittin in the musky....i been catchin a few every time i go out

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    matt, you can't go wrong with shad, shiners, and my fav. at times creek chubs. flatties are starting to bite now. i would suggest looking for shallow logjams, or areas around rocks. the baitfish are plentyful in fairly shallow areas now, providing there is structure. if they don't bite right away, stay put they are around, but a little slow yet. goodluck

6. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I'm interested in finding a fishing buddy. I live in So. IN. near Louisville.
    If you're intested feel free to write me.