fishing the dan river in Virgina

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by bigtimingcats69, Mar 9, 2006.

1. bigtimingcats69

bigtimingcats69 New Member

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    lookin for anyone who fishes the dan in danville

2. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    hello,,,,you may see this on another post but i fish it from anglers park to milton...i fish out of canoes......flats, blues and channels........i have fished it since the late 70's.....some years though i have not gone but others i have been there constantly......depends what urge i have......some years i am after big bass, that cuts the dan out...then i get the urge for big cats......dan,neuse my 2 favorite rivers for cats...mack.....

3. bigtimingcats69

bigtimingcats69 New Member

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    neuse river where is that at never heard of it. i know ive pulled some big ones out of dan. i fish off of the bank but this summer hoping to take the jon boat out. u have any special baits that u use. i use bluegill or goldfish for flatheads sometimes minnows. whats the deal with this danny king's bait.

4. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    nuese goes from near raleigh to new bern nc.......in the dan i use either goldfish , live bream or cutbait........mack

5. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    fished the dan one time and we caught a few channels, weren't really preparted are far as bait goes, people beside us brought up 2 20+ flatheads just using gold fish only. still looking for a good spot on the bank to fish in the dan any help will be appreciated.

wheelmobile07

6. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    not many spots to bank fish from though there are a few......you can fish below the union st dam.....they have a pier (more like a deck there)...you are about 15 ft above the water though....you can also wade out there when its warmer...another spot....dan daniels park.......small dam there though you are limited to daylight hours..........and a few spots at anglers park(that is the boat ramp right below the sewage outfall)....one good thing danville is doing is putting a walking tract in on the north bank.....goes along the river for most of its lenght though some sections are not compleated yet.........this will provide some access to bank anglers who are willing to walk......mack

7. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    i bank fish from dan daniels down to the brickyard almost all summer and some of the best spots i have found are at the dam...couple of holes upstream from angler's park....few around the brickyard but the do change from year to year.i do enjoy trying to find honeyholes and get some much need exersice too:grin-big: