fishing the chattahoochee

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by Raven, May 27, 2009.

1. Raven

Raven New Member

State:
    alabama
    I fish the river near kites pasture and the creeks near by. How can i get some bigger fish than the 5 and 6 lbs blues i am getting this year?

Any bait idea beside night crawlers and dough baits which dont seem to work for me.

Thanks

Raven

2. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    cut skipjack or bream. where is the stretch of river you fish?

3. Raven

Raven New Member

State:
    alabama
    I usually put in at bluff creek and run down river to Kites or to florence marina. Its been ruff waiting out the rain the last 2 weeks so I can go out again. <this weekend looks promising>

My nephew <the buzzard> took all the skipjack with him while the girls got stuck cleaning the fish. We have lots of luck after dark using rattle traps behind Mead getting skip jacks on the way back in to dock. I preceeded to repo my rattle traps back before he left no telling what else he got out of my tackle box.

The girls have been trying to get "The BIG Fish" but so far HE has been escaping or just stealing bait. :sad2: We seem to get the best hits after 5pm fishing till 10pm to 1am

Nothing we do this year seems to be working on getting us some big catches. We are however eating very well!:big_smile:

So any ideas we would LOVE to hear.

4. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    oh we fish hooch near Columbus i know a few spots there to get some skips.

5. Raven

Raven New Member

State:
    alabama
    Where maybe instead of heading to Eufuala I should head the other way. :big_smile:

How long do you think it takes to take a boat from Bluff Creek to Columbus?

LONG LONG LONG time ago near the docks some where between ft beening and columbus there use to be a HUGE sunk boat I wonder if it is still out there?

6. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    if you leave the boat ramp in Columbus at bulldog bait and tackle and head down stream there is a big barge half submerged on the left hand side of the river. also if you look under the Ga forum there is a lot of info. about the river in that area

7. rodney07

rodney07 New Member

State:
    Richland Ga.
    Dee, I know north of Bluff toward River Bend is good stretch of river. They been catching pretty good fish the last three weeks. I saw some 18 to 20 pounder come from up there. I, myself fish around Florence. Good luck hope you start catching bigger fish.

8. Raven

Raven New Member

State:
    alabama
    I usually head south when i fish.. but maybe i can force the rest of the crew to go someplace else this weekend!!!!

ok 1 against 4 not good odds......:eek:oooh:

9. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    Dee welcome to the BOC
    Try the mouth of hannahatchee creek and hatchechubee creek and in front of Florance fishing pier in the channel well on the channels edge
    use cut skipjack or shad. but don't forget to fish in the mouth of bluff creek.

10. rodney07

rodney07 New Member

State:
    Richland Ga.
    I agree 100% with you Eddie, he should catch some good fish from them spots.

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Brother you are in some great fishing water!!! There are 50 pound plus cats in that stretch of river (I am still waiting to catch one:smile2:) You need to switch to cut bait or live bream. That is where you will make your money. The back water at the bluff creek ramp will be holding some big cats right now because they are starting to spawn.

If you want to link up with some local catfishing brothers, check out this thread:
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69