Fishing the Canal?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Chris55, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Chris55

Chris55 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I was wondering if anyone has being fishing the canel yet? From past experince,I know that they usually start to come in there and feed.

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Sorry Chris i don't live in your area, so i cant help. Just wanted to welcome you to the BOC. Yer gunna luv it here!! Here is a little rep for your first post.

3. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I'm sure others will answer better but I can say the best time for me is usually when the Japanese beetles arrive to get on my fruit trees. This is normally around June 15-20. It's a long drive for me so I go only when I know I'm subject to catch the fish in the canal.

4. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    first of all welcome to the BOC!!!...i have not personally fished there yet this year but from reading the other post on the S.C. board it sounds like most of the fish are in shallow water feeding up on the "flats"...there are a few post with people catching fish in deeper water but everything is on marion or moultrie.

5. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    I have never caught one fish in the canal. I also haven't been down ther much in june/july. I fished it numerous times in march/april/may with no luck whatsoever. Ive always found the fish in the main lake. It cracks me up how when we go in may, you'll see 20 boats sitting in the canal fishing, yet we will go out to the main lake and catch a boatload of fish, and then talk to some people who were fishing in the canal and they didn't get a bite. YOu think they'd take a hint:confused2: