Fishing the Alamo this weekend

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by janzaldo, Oct 29, 2009.

1. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hello everybody I plan to meet up with Desert Cat Rat(Brian) to fish the Alamo this Saturday. I see that it is only 110 miles to Palm Springs!

Jaime

2. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    I'm trying to plan a trip with him also, but unfortunately even if I tried, I wouldn't be able to make this trip this weekend, going out to L.A with some family for the Halloween stuff

Sent him a message last night asking when he was going to go out again after this coming weekend to see if we can work something out, but for now all I can do is wait for his response

Other then that, good luck to you both, will be awaiting report Sunday night:wink:

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Go tare um up brother! I look forward to hear an awesome report:wink:

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    So ya getting on out to the Mo. The Mo is a good river for flats I come to find that out. Lots of areas you can fish and you don't even need a boat. Good luck out there. Dcat knows his stuff out there and can put you on some flats if they are biting. Dress up warm I hear the temps are starting to cool.

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Thats not quite there yet Jaime.... another 80-90 miles to the Alamo...

But there are no hills to go over.... the only one is comming home... out of White Water, and then getting over the Redlands back home...

Which side of the Salton Sea are you guys going to take... 111 or the 86?.... I think the 86 is faster as the 111 has lots of bumps to it and makes the "pooper" in the RV shake up some...LOL:confused2:.........:wink:

6. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    good luck dude, just don't eat the fish, one of the most polluted rivers in the usa

7. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Hey Brian, these are the key words for Jaime, "WAKE THE F!@# UP JAIME"! I hope y'all get on a few flats. Keep us posted and good luck.

Jaime,
    Get after it buddy. Stay close to the pole and be patient. Follow the CatRat's lead and get yourself a flat, and post the pics.:wink:

8. low desert jonathan

low desert jonathan New Member

State:
    California
    It's supposed to warm up a little this weekend but the NIGHT'S will still be COOL good luck LDJ:big_smile:

9. low desert jonathan

State:
    California
    Any word on how Brian or Jaime are doing at the Alamo? A chilly 50 degrees in the desert right now hope they are staying warm LDJ :big_smile:

10. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    That is cold and I know it gets even colder than that. I know I can not venture into weather like that until I am fully recovered but I am on my way to it - now everyone else around me is getting sick. :eek:oooh:

They will chime in soon I know Dcat is a warrior out there on the water so it wil not faze him. :big_smile:

11. low desert jonathan

State:
    California
    Just get well Blue sitting in the cold evening air will surely put you right back where you were . LDJ:smile2:

12. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Sean you forgot "Jaime quit snoring"

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Talked to Jaime and he is sick with the flu. He didn't make it:sad2: Will call him again to see how he is doing:wink:

14. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    That among others reasons is one one the reasons I have not been out lately especially night fishing at Irvine in the cold.
    Alls good though I get to catch up on other things anyway plus get out locally. That cold lasted me for 3 1/2 weeks.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Robb this is crazy with all of these peeps getting sick man. First me, than you, than Bert, and now Jaime. Did I miss anyone else? :big_smile:

Get well Jaime take care of that and don't let it go to pneumonia like mines did. Todd from Team760 also had pneumonia. It must have been my turn afterwards. LOL.

16. low desert jonathan

State:
    California
    You can't spell it out plainer Dale SHUT UP already :crazy: LDJ

17. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Amen,,
    I believe I have met everyone here personally, except LDJ,,Don't think I've had the pleasure..
    and,, Almost everyone,,?????,,,,, has posted interesting, helpful or funny stuff about fishing..That is intended to help everybody..
    It looks like the ranks are being cleansed,, I'm all for it..

18. low desert jonathan

State:
    California
    Not yet Greg just getting back on my feet again and it feels good. USCG 72-80, starting back at the canals and river soon :big_smile: LDJ See Ya There

19. low desert jonathan

State:
    California
    Greg Where is Roosevelt Lake located at I've never been there before but from your pictures it looks worth the trip over. What's the best time of the year I mean the least windy. LDJ:big_smile:

20. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hi,
    Roosevelt is located on hiway 188 northeast of Phoenix, you'd take hiway 87 north to 188 and turn right,, and it's about 15-20 miles out.
    As far as the wind,, I don't know,, it's either windy or not!! it is getting cold at night though!!
    G