Fishing tackle - I got a bargain last night

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Arkie55, May 27, 2006.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    My wife and I went to a local auction (weekly) last night. They had a ton of rod and two box fulls of reels. Later in the evening, they put all the rods on the table and started taking bids. The winner got his choice of rods and as many as he wanted. Well they ended the bid at 10.00. The winner got his choice and the back-up got his choice. The auctioneer backed the rods down to 6.50 each. I bought five. Two Rino rods, one Shakespere Tidewater Rod, one spinning rod for my father in law, and a Penn Captiva Spinning Rod with a 64.95 price tag still on it. Now, these were all new rods. A little later they covered the table with reels. I bought three of those at 10.00 each. One Tidewater 30L casting reel, A shakespere Alpha Spinning reel, and a Penn Silverado Spinning reel. Thats a total of five rods and three reels for a grand total of 62.50.

I guess that goes to show that once in a while even a catfisherman can stumble into a bargin.:big_smile:

2. BamaCats

BamaCats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    way to go, wish i could jump on a deal like that hope they brign you a lot of big cats.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Want to experience another bargain? Why not shoot a $10 bill to the BOC to keep the lites on. LOL!

4. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Awesome deal! Good for you!

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I caught a deal like that several years ago. I bought a box of Zebco 33 reels for $10.00 at an action , must have been 30 of those reels.

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have a little problem I've been trying to figure out as far as deals go. My wife brings home all kinds of stuff every week because, "It's On Sale!" She figured she had to buy it cause it was on sale. Yesterday I handed her my new Cabela's flyer and showed her the nice fish finder they have on sale and asked her for the credit card. She didn't stop hollering until she fell asleep. Well, it seems "On Sale" don't work at the fishing store, just at the yarn store and cloths shops and they don't sell fish finders for some reason. What's a man to do?

7. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Your a funny guy Willie!

8. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Great deal you got lucky hopefully you can show pictures of big cats you caught on the new rods.

9. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Willie-how true,
    when my wife comes home from shopping,all I hear is how much money she saved.When I ask her for the money she saved so I can go shopping,I get this:choler:

Guess they have different rules

10. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    MAKE HER SLEEP ON THE COUCH!!!!!!!!!!![/B]

11. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    O.K. guys! This is Flathead Willie's wife. He's actually letting me reply to you (well I didn't give him a choice). LOL. A sale is a sale is a sale. Yarn is very important for you guys who get cold in the winter and need an afghan to wrap your little feet in to stay warm! Next thing is, I DID let him use my credit card to buy a sein net sooooo there! The fish finder will have to wait until he does two more home repair jobs. Ha Ha. Thanks guys for the feedback. It's great reading all the "threads" on here. Ya'll have fun out there.

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

You sound like my wife, she works for Victoria Secret & gets 40% off on Vic Secret, Bath & Body Works & White Barn Candle. Everything is a "good deal". :lol:

13. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    How many pairs of skivies does a woman need? I bought six pair of Hanes 5 years ago and won't have to buy anymore for another 4-5 years. We got scented candles all over the house and the place smells like rest home for hookers. Cabela's sale won't last forever and I NEED a fish finder! Man, it just ain't fair!

14. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    hahaha, I have the only credit card and take care of all bills, food and my fishing items, she uses her earnings however she feels like. My wife also use to buy candles and asked me one day, how many rods and reels can you use at once, answer was, as many as I have my name address and phone number on,, then she asked me how many I normaly use at once and the answer was, 2. Next was my question, where did all your candles go, answer, I used them, next statement was Hey I still have all my R&R's. End of discussion.

15. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    wow willy she let you buy a new sein net. sounds like your wife has you on lock down and a very severe budget... but dont feel bad mine does as well. the only reason im getting away with saying this is because shes. well you probably allready know, shes shopping. but i cant complain to much got a new rod and reel for a early fathers day gift. but im serious one night on the couch she will lighten up a bit. and oh yeah turn the air down so it gets really cold. and hand her one of those famous afghans and say stay warm honey. and we will talk when that new fish finder is in the budget.....

16. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Maybe I need to do like Terry does and take her to Cabela's with me! When see see how much I'll save on sale, she'll be happy and I'll have a new fish finder!

17. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Willie... When you get her there, tell her "a sale is a sale is a sale" LMAO I hear what your sayin.

Terry... that sounds like a good deal to me, I need to search out our local auctions and attend them.

And for the rest of ya, How many have successfully (and be honest) put thier wife on the couch to sleep by herself.... uh huh!!! LMAO Never worked for me....:after_boom: Actually I kinda thought the couch was comfy. Mac

18. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    I threatened to make my wife sleep on the couch once. She said if i did I wouldn't see her for the rest of the week. Well she slept on the couch but I didn't see her the next day, or the day after that, or the day after that. On the 4th day I saw her just a little bit out of one eye but she was blurry!

19. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
    A little bit offtopic - but if you're really into candles it's ALOT cheaper to make them yourself. I invested about $300 in candle making supplies awhile back and it's great. Can make your own scents, colors/combinations whenever you feel like it. It paid for itself in the few I sold, gave as gifts - let alone what we used for ourselves.

Ends up costing you about a $1 per candle once you got a good stock of scents, colors and whatnot - and most of the cost is in wax after that.
    Especially if you reuse containers.

20. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If it was me the backup bidder would be out of luck and this years Christmas shopping would be done.

Here's your present dear......... BAM!!!!!!:lol: