fishing sucks!!!!

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by catfishingricky, Dec 6, 2009.

1. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    dont know whats going on fish are not bitting for me been 4 times in two weekends caught mabey 5 fish big was last weekend 25# blue only one we got all day today 1 blue 7# sad :embarassed: sad day hope it gets better dont guess anyone is fishing has'nt been many post or there having some of my luck :sad2:

2. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    LOL yeah it's super duper slow I dropped all my reels off sat. at catfish jeffs to have them all cleaned greased and serviced. Should get 'em back next week. Do you do much drifting ricky or just anchor up always and throw out ?????

3. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    i drift alot in the summer when there is little to no current in the river fish just aint feeding at the moment i guess we had great current, overcast skys, and cold front seems like it should have been on we did real good out there 3 weeks ago have'nt been going to greenwood much since its got cold went down river to deeper water there not hitting at greenwood either though from what my buddys told me

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    It's cold and wet. The perfect time to spend on youtube looking at 'It's peanut butter and jelly time" videos.

5. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    catfishing may be slow, but the sauger and saugeyes are running decent up my way. you may want to get some lighter tackle out and do a little saugering. it isn't like catching a 50+ lber but it can break up the winter. i just tried it myself for the first time last week specifically for sauger and i had a great time. Just a thought.

6. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    It's "Peanut butter Sauger Time"!!!!:smile2: If you havent seen the youtube video then that wont make sense....

7. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky

Now you see why I can't wait to get my boat fixed and get out on the Ohio River!!! lol.... It cracks me up to see people complaining about catching 25lb fish! :smile2: I fished the Ky river all year and my largest was a 20 pounder!!! I even took a week of vacation and spent every day of it on the river (only caught 1 small cat around 2 pounds). Now THATS lousy fishing!!! lol.....

8. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah i like sauger fishing thats the best fish to eat might go up to the upper dam next weekend an try it

9. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    yeah i would love to catch a 25 lb fish im sure i will as all i fish is the ohio but havent done it yet. guess thats why they call it fishin cause you dont always catch somethin and its not always a big one either but some fish is better than no fish!

10. davidn1

davidn1 New Member

State:
    ohio
    its been slow for me the last couple of weeks. hopefully they turn on soon