Fishing stink baits in Kansas

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by tlangdon9, Jun 21, 2007.

1. tlangdon9

tlangdon9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Hey guys! What are your thoughts about fishing stink baits (dough baits) in ponds, streams, lakes and rivers in Kansas? I have ready many posts about using cutbaits for channels and blues. I have always used stink baits and have great luck with them. I have tried cutbaits and have had very little success. However, I am a newby at it. I haven't had much luck catching larger fish on stink baits but routinely catch up to 10 pounders when the little ones don't bite. Are there any stink baits you are partial too or what are your thoughts about them?

2. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    I have had decent luck with the Premos stuff that you get at Walmart. Get the Blood kind its really dark. If you let it sit in the sun for a while then use a stick or something to stir it up it seems to work good.

3. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    what part of kansas ya from?

4. tlangdon9

tlangdon9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Iam located in North Central Kansas about 45 minutes North of Milford. The stink bait I always use is called AKIN BAK.

5. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well im in middle of kansas near great bend....ill tell ya some stink bait that works real good...its called sonnys and we have caught channels and blues up to 15 pounds

6. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    I liked to use bee-jay back in the day, I always seemed to catch something on that. I mostly used it in smaller lakes, but im sure it would work just about anywhere except in strong current. I also had good luck with the premo dip bait, never did catch anything with size to it but always caught some fish.