fishing spots in johnson county

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by iccats, Nov 27, 2005.

1. iccats

iccats New Member

State:
    morgantown, Indiana
    does anyone know of any prime catfishing spots in the johnson county area??? i have been mainly fishing my private lake, but i hope to get out and fish some of the local lakes and rivers. i hope you guys can get me some info on some lakes and rivers in this area.

2. Brushy Bill Roberts

Brushy Bill Roberts New Member

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    My father and I caught many channels in Flat Rock River.
    Its not in Johnson county, but can be accessed by taking hiway 252 from
    edingurgh. Sugar creek in camp atterbury is a nice river, but I have not personally catfished it. there is also the big blue river that runs through edinburgh. the blue and sugar creek runs together to form the Driftwood river and it joins flatrock river at the south end of columbus to form the east fork of white river. there are many small lakes in camp atterbury, check the DNR web site to see what they have stocked. Pisgah Lake is the largest. I dont believe that they alow gas motors on any of the lakes in Atterbury. I grew up
    (got older, some say I never "grew up") in Smith Valley west of greenwood.
    Of course, the west fork of white river runs along the west end of Johnson county, but public access is limited untill you get down around Martinsville. Attached is a link that will give many public access sites for the rivers in Indiana. Hope this helps. http://www.indianaoutfitters.com/riverclickable.htm

3. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Welcome to the Brotherhood ICCATS!! I'm done with fishin for the year, but next year we will keep all of the Indiana Brothers up to date on info for gatherings we will be having. Hope you guys will be able to attend! Take it easy!

Ryan

4. Brushy Bill Roberts

Brushy Bill Roberts New Member

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    Hey ICCats, I forgot to mention that at Stone Arch Lake in Camp Atterbury,
    there have been alot of good size channel cats taken from the dam on the south end of the lake. easy to get to, and ample parking. good luck!

5. iccats

iccats New Member

State:
    morgantown, Indiana
    ive fished a lot in atterbury, but i never catfished there. i just recently got into catfishing this year when i moved to morgantown from trafalgar, and while i was fishing in my new lake for bass i caught a channel cat (4lbs) on a lipless crankbait. after that i was hooked. i pretty much havent fished anywhere but my small lake at my house for catfish. my truck didnt work over the summer so i couldnt go anywhere to fish, but i hope to be able to go some place this spring and summer.

i am 18yrs old by the way, if any of u guys wanted to know. my grandparents live in edinburgh pretty close to the big blue river. which part of the big blue is a good spot to fish? i know a lot of people fish by the dam there in edinburgh.

also, ive fished the sugar creek, but mainly in one section and not for catfish. what is a good spot to fish on sugar creek? the place i fish at is that old dam near the old bridge that they say is out. i figure that might be a good place to catch some cats. well i hope u guys can help me out.

thanks guys
    PHRED

6. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Welcome to the BOC iccats. I am currently in California but wil be in IN soon (feb) Hope to see you out on the waters.

-Brian