Fishing shows on TV

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by metalman, Apr 5, 2009.

1. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I read somewhere about a series of fishing shows that are supposed to be starting today with one about catfishing.

Does anyone know the channel and time? I can't find it anywhere...W

2. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    River Monsters, starts on Animial Planet tonight.

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    So did anybody catch the show? I saw it last night, and the guy was after the supposed "man-eating" catfish in India, the species name escapes me at the moment.

The show was way over-dramatized, and he was acting like he was swimming with Jaws or something. It's simply a catfish with sharp teeth.

Anyway, what saved the show for me - SPOILER ALERT -
    he was fishing for like a week straight for a big catfish and just before the floods came, he hooked a monster. The river was raging at this point. He said as he was fighting the fish, if the fish makes a run out of the area it's in, he might lose the fish. What does the fish do, it makes a run! So the guy does probably the most HARDCORE fishing thing I've ever seen, he jumps in the river pole in hand and let the current sweep him toward the fish! I just loved seeing that.:tounge_out: He ended up catching it. It went 160ish.

4. Steve W

Steve W New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I think they called that cat a "gouch"
    reportedly the monster fish had grown big
    by feeding on the partially burnt human remains
    that result from people there
    burning their dead in a river bank fire and then pushing
    it all in the river. ( Hindu culture I think )

5. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    So? who do we have to kill, burn, and throw into the river to catch one of these cats or goonchs?!!!!!LOL!!!!:0a23::0a20::0a6:

6. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    We could start by rounding up all the lowlifes, drug dealers, pedaphiles, rapist etc., light up a big chum barbeque and bulldoze it into the river. Clean the country up and grow some big fish.
    Seems like a good plan to me...W

7. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX

Yea... but if you want to eat one of the cats that's been munching... Hrmm... maybe use the corn-fed pita folks? :wink: