Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on sunday to my favorite little lake, it was tuff fishing. fished deep, drifted,
finaly, went real shallow, I ended up with a limit of channels 3/8 lbs, caught them in 1 to 2
foot of water, you could see them break the surface when you set the hook, Its hard to figure what a 8 lb channel is doing up in 24/12" of water, but thats where they were. My
favorite little lake was up ,lots of rain down there, where I was fishing was effected by the inflow from the creek that feeds the lake, man they have been eating, everyone was fat as a pig. I posted the pictures in my 2010 fish pictures on my avitar

· Banned
1,236 Posts
I fish shallow most of the time. Feeding fish will be where the bait fish are and most of the time that will be the the shallows. Flats that run 2 to 8 feet will hold lots of feeding fish and they are easy to catch.
I have saw 40lb blue do a tail walk when they hook up in the shallow waters. and have pulled a few 60+ out of 2 to 4 feet of water so don't think its just smaller fish that are there the big boys run them as well when they are feeding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.