Fishing season

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by beakus, Nov 3, 2006.

1. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    is there time of the year (like now)when your just wasting your time going out after these mudsuckers.or do i need to do some diffrent approaches like drifting the dropoffs and rock bottoms,or just fishing certin times of day or go after diffrent kind of fish?

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I think im done for the year or intill the river comes up again whitch ever comes first. Its getting to the point were i dont want to go unless the river is up.

3. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    don't stop, the big blues bite best during winter! Keep after them! or quit and leave the monsters to us other guys :lol:

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Well it better start raining then because im tired of going and not catching anything.:roll_eyes:

5. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    I'm not sure what it's like in your state. here in Ohio this is one of the best times of the year for big cats.It's like their last meal before winter, heavy eatin now.Most of my catches now will seem to be the bigger cats, I'm using good size cut bait fishing in reservoirs deeper water. They still hit hard. I'm sure if a river is where you fish and it's low that got to be depressing. The fishing not over until covered with ice for me. Hope you can find deeper water.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea it has been a dry dry dry year were like a foot under normal for rainfall and the rivers been shallow:crazy: :angry: no boat to find the deeper holes :roll_eyes: i guess spring isnt tooooo far:still_dreaming:

7. stressedcat

stressedcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    Hi guys:

Been fishing in the muddy mo up here at white cloud, it is down big time but just in the shallows, I hooked a big cat the other day bout 5pm and it was a great fight BUT he pulled the line down in the rocks just over the bank in the main channel, I could pull him up against the rocks and he would pull back but never up and I walked the shore for ever trying to get him loose BUT nope. had him on a 4/0 gamakatsu with 2 night crawlers, hope he enjoyed them and the hook. I'll try again another day, keep your worms warm and who knows what will happen.

keep fishin

Kirk

8. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've yet to "waste" any time wetting a line, but I will get in the house when the ice shows up...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Defenders only! Prosecuters will be violated!

9. kscatfish

kscatfish New Member

State:
    kansas
    I like all the repleys but I`ve got the same questions.Can anyone give us some times or tactics we can try? Just trying to get better!

10. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Don,
    The water temp here in Milford and Geary lakes is down to 47 degrees. I've limited my drifting and still fish more now which as increased my success rate. We don't catch a lot, but enough to make it worth while going out. Personally, I'd probably go even if I knew I wouldn't catch any:roll_eyes:, but that's just me.