Fishing season ruined

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish1516, Apr 1, 2007.

1. catfish1516

catfish1516 New Member

State:
    Reidsville ,North Carolina
    what a way to start the fishing season.......we had just got done with a lil catfishin i put the rods in my buddies closet in his garage.........a couple days later someone comes in there and steals them all so i have nothin but a small bass baitcast left and no catfish rods.........so i cant do any fishin for a long while. Its crazy what some people do :(

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Andy i feel for ya man I have had it happen to me over the years. If ya need some help PM me and Im sure I can set ya up with something I got a lot of catgear that just sits and collects dust

3. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    SORRY TO HEAR THAT SOMEONE STOLE YOUR STUFF. SHOULD BE A LIFE SENTENCE TO FOOL WITH ANOTHER MANS THINGS!!

4. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I feel ya man! If you need any help let me know. I would be more than happy to send ya a pole or two to help ya get started again. send me a pm and i'll be more than happy to help you out!!!

5. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    What a great bunch of people in the BOC! They sure are quick to jump to help someone who experiences trouble. Congrats and reps to you!

6. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    I am in Greensboro, NC

I have an old Penn 209 reel I will throw in. Poles are not too expensive.

Let me know

Were do you do most of your cat fishing?

7. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    I've just been witnessing what this site is all about. What a great bunch of special people we have here, to jump in and help someone who has experenced some bad luck. Know strings attached, not looking for anything in return, just plain good people. Reps to you all. My God Bless America and the BOC.
    Sparky

8. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I had the same thing happen to me when I was younger and could'nt afford to replace them. That sucks. I have a 12ft Shakespeare surf outfit that I don't use anymore if you need it PM me.

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am very sorry to hear that, If I could help out I would. How come u did not bring them home? :sad2:

10. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    The gear will most likely wind up in a pawn shop. Thieves are not too bright. You could file a police report and check out local pawn shops. If you can find your stuff and tell the cops, sometimes the pawn broker will give it back to avoid the hassle.

11. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Hey Andy first of all the ones who do something like that are below contempt I had it happen if I could help I would to all that have offered their help you are what the BOC is about helping where we can to you a pat on the back for the way you are

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is what makes us family! I am so very proud to call you people family! As far as stealing goes,absolutely inexcusable! I was telling another brother a few days property that it is worse than shameful when people think they can touch and handle and do as they please with other's property.My philosphy and what I have taught my girls is ya don't touch or bother what does not belong to you. To each of you who are helping or willing to help,I give you my sincere thanks and reps to all! May God Bless and keep you!:big_smile_2:

13. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    you guys are a blessing. there is no greater service than to donate rods n reels to a kid whos had his stuff stolen.. *sniff* its enough to draw a few tears! lol

14. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    yeah, make sure you file a police report. a couple of years ago i had 3 rods and reels stolen. a few months later i was in a pawn shop only a mile and a half from the campground we were in and found one of them for sale. i had not taken time to file a police report at the time they were stolen. i went to the police and they got them back but it would have been easier if i had filed the report as soon as they were stolen. when the police went to the pawn shop and found out who had pawned them it made it real easy to get the rod and reel back. they aholes that pawned them were well known to the police. if they had not been caught before a late police report may not have worked so well. i never did get two rods and reels back but i know that the criminals spent a little time in jail thinking about it.

15. catfish1516

catfish1516 New Member

State:
    Reidsville ,North Carolina
    yea.......i filed a police report but the problem is that the police here never find anything because i have had bikes and random stuff stolen but thanx so much for yalls generosity i really appreciate what yall are willing to do for me.

16. flathead_ky

flathead_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    If there is anything I can help you with let me know too! Dont let a fool ruin your fishing for the year. I would drather have someone slap me in the face than steal from me (especially my fishing gear)! I have extra gear that I wouldnt mind sending you.

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Andy - PM your mailing address to me. I will send you a rod & reel combo. What size fish do you usually go after? What # test line do you prefer? I hate thieves!:angry:

18. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That sucks brother, like others have said. Check the local pawn shops.

19. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    not sure where reidsville is... but i fish jordan lake alot, so if u want to get on the water and do some fishin before u can get back up to par, u r more than welcome to get on the boat and use my gear... it sux that your stuff was stolen, and if i had extra i would give it to u, but i'm barely stragglin on with what i got, but i don't mind sharing for a weekend with a brother in need, don't mind at all.... just keep in mind that the season isn't over, there are brothers on here that would mail u stuff if need be... and other brothers on here that will take u out for the weekend and let u use there gear... the season ain't over by no means... not with this family