Fishing season in Jeopardy

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pendog66, Mar 12, 2006.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Well i found out last night that after this baseball season i need to get scheduled to have another shoulder surgery. My left shoulder has been bothering ever since hockey and yesterday it popped out of socket twice. I had surgery on my right shoulder 2 years ago this April and man i never wanted to do it again, but it looks like i dont have a choice

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Nicky, dont worry, Im sure Big Cat , Mellon an myself will take your boat out and let you watch us fish every so often ;)
    Im headed out today even after the 2" of rain we got last night, this ought to be interesting....
    Hang in there on the surgery and keep us upto date when its happening and we will all pitch in for your speedy recovery!

Salmonid

3. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Hey man everything will come through just fine and you will be back on the water b4 this cattin season is over landing those big uns' lol Hope you recover soon. :)

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Penndog

Sorry to here that!! It must be heck gettin old ;) !

Just wait a few years till you get up with me and everything hurts all the time.

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    that sucks to hear. been there done that twice now and they are talking a 3rd time on my shoulder. good luck and hope you may not have to go through it again.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hang in there man. even if you do have the surgery you can still fish, we'll just throw it out for you & stuff like that

7. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i broke my left arm and elbow one summer and got a bunch of fancy new hardware put in in place of the bone.2 weeks later i was out fishing with a cast on and a bunch of funky pins sticking out of my arm....i new they give me pain medicine for something.:)

8. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Hang in there & keep the faith!

Eric

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Good luck and hope for the best.
    I know how it is. I have missed a few of them. But I'm just thankful to be around and fishing when I can.
    Pete

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wait till after fishing season, can you do that?

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Dang, that suck's man. Hang in there!

Zakk

12. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    well i could wait until after fishing season but it might screw up college. Its really bothering me now, its popped out of place 3 times in 2 days. But the one thing to think about is when i had my right shoulder done i still fished for bass. And caught one of the coolest fish ever. A 15 in albino channel cat man he fought hard

13. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I know what your going through, mine are like that also. Think about the time ya get that BIG cat on what your shoulders reaction is gonna be if ya don't get it fixed. I almost lost a nice rod and reel due to that happening. Best of luck on what ever you decide.:sad:

14. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i will learn more tomorrow. I see the Doc tomorrow at 8:15 i will let you know what happens

15. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I here ya. Been through the knee surgery thing, no fun. Just got to tcob and work through it. Hopes for a speedy recovery.

16. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    I feel sorry for you penndog, I've had both my shoulders completely rebuilt and I know how much it hurts. I was a Division 1 all-american swimmer and olympic trials qualifier back in 1992. I'm 35 and while I stay in good physical shape, I have chronic back problems and arthritis as a result of my swimming days and IT SUCKS. You might not want to hear this but take it from me, after you get your shoulder fixed, retire from sports and concentrate on school. Future employers won't care what you did on the field, mat, track etc, they want someone with a solid education.

17. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    well after a hour wait to get into the Doc's office i found out that yes my shoulder is slipping. He dislocated it twice in his office. Surgery is probaly a must but i have to get a MRI next Wed. and see him the same day to talk about my options

18. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    Well even if you can not fish you could go along with your fishing buds and take pics:) Do what you have to now and look toward the future;)Good luck!!!

19. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    well i have my MRI bright and early at 7:15 am. Cross your fingers for me, i hope everything shows up ok

20. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Good Luck Nate, I hope they give you some good news.:sad: