Fishing Scale

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by jconna, May 23, 2008.

1. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Let's see if the opinions on here are as varied as what I'm finding on the Internet. What are you using? Digital or something like the lock n' weigh? If you had to replace it right now, would you buy another?

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I use the Coffey 110 and it is very accurate, it weighs 2 ounces light and there is no reason to replace it.

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i was using the coffey 220 but i went stupid and left it in a five gallon bucket that i carry my tackel in and it rained the bucket full.by the time i got to it next morning it didnt work any more.ive dried it out changed batteries and nothing.soon as i can find an address to send it to im going to see if it can be fixed if it cant ill be buying another one just like it.im not blameing the manufactor for my stupidity.coffey makes,imo.the best on the market.

4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Excellent scale and BOC sponsor with $5 off for members (I think)

5. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I do not currently have a scale, but am thinking of purchasing the coffey 110. I have seen them on ebay for a little cheaper than the website if you look around :wink:

6. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Wow, not varied at all so far! Never heard of Coffey but I'll definately be checking them out now.

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Just click on my signature for the sponsors page.

8. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Well, based on the opinions here, as well as alot of very positive comments in the sponsor sections, I just ordered the 110. Slightly concerned with a few comments on moisture issues, but I'll just keep it in a case or drybag until needed. For the quality look of the scale, as well as the price, I think it would be hard to go wrong with it. Guess time will tell, but I'm feeling pretty good about it at the moment. Looking forward to putting it to the test :big_smile_2:

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I have a Rapala 50# scale and it seems to do alright. If I go to buy another though I will try out the Coffey!

10. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I don`t know of a more accurate scale than a coffey.

11. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA

Since its plain as day i need a new scale cause mine well..... sucks , how much does the 110 Coffey cost?

12. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    I ordered my 110 off of Ebay yesterday for $43.94 (including taxes/shipping). From a place called Bowhunters Superstore right here in PA. They had 5 left when I got mine. Best price that I was able to find.

13. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    I wonder if everyone recomends a coffee scale just because they are a BOC sponcer? Im not saying they are bad but I didnt jump on the band wagon.I had a 50# berkley for years. So I bought another this past winter and love it its back lit has 2 displays on either side an 8 fish memory and has a large handle for hoisting big fish.Mine is a berkley tech 100# model.I checked it with a 35# dumb bell and its dead nuts

Attached Files:

14. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I bought a coffey because all the guys on here said they were very accurate and durable,and all I can say is I also tested mine with olympic plates and it weighed two ounces light, they didn`t lie about the accuracy or durability.