Fishing santee this weekend

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by nevets91, Oct 22, 2009.

1. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    headin out at 5 in the mornin to santee. stayin at blacks camp. were gonna fish the brush piles for crappie and do some driftin for the most part, maybe some anchoring in the canal. so i guess my question is how has the bite down there been? i aint gonna sleep a lick tonight

2. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    The bite was not on fire for us this past weekend but we caught fish everywhere. We caught them drifting 36-50'. We caught them anchored 2-12'. We even caught some decent fish (18-20 lbs) in the canal. The night bite was better for us but not by much.

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Good luck and make sure you give us a detailed report with pics.Looks like the weather is gonna be kinda bad Friday night into Saturday afternoon so yall be careful and respect that water down there.It will put a hurtin on ya fast.:wink:

4. Holmes

Holmes New Member

State:
    South Caro
    good luck i am wanting to get down there in march

5. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    The one and only time I've been to Santee the storm moved in so fast all I could do was bail. Very scary moment in my life. Be careful and keep an eye to the sky.

6. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    When you see the birds get up off the water and fly, you better fly to:smile2:

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Reps for the good tip/advice, Dean!

Bill in SC

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Reps for the good tip/advice, Dean!

Bill in SC

9. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    all right so the trip to santee didnt go so well. we managed to get some crappie fishing in but we started getting some motor trouble and so we loaded up and came home a day early. no catfishing:embarassed: to top it off the wind was howling and we had some at least 5 footers out there today. i sure wish the motor would have worked cuz i would be cat fishing right about now. oh well it happens

also decided last minute to leave my boat and take just a pontoon since some people dropped out of the trip and figured it would be pointless to take two boats. bad idea...i could be fishing if i woulda brought mine:angry:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009