Fishing Santee Cooper

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ScottWiseman, Feb 25, 2007.

1. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Hi all..I am leaving tomorrow for Santee Cooper. I am driving all the way from Indy. Anyone got any tips? I dont expect secret spots or anything...just an idea. Also, are the flatheads biting and does anyone know the water temps? Thanks in advance.

2. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    It's around 49-51. It has been warm the past few days so that should bring it up a little more. I would start at the Brickyard or the crossover on Marion and drift or tie up and work towards the dam going in and out of the river channel.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Scott this time of year I prefer to fish west of I-95 in a couple of coves with cut herring/shad. If the wind is not bad a slow drift on the main body of water will/can/has produced some good days for us as well. I have fished by the dam and done well there also and around "Bass Island" I think its called. Good Luck on your trip I hope you do well. You might want to ask a couple of the locals, I live in NC now, like blackwatercats and the others how they are doing.