Fishing rod for my Ambassadeur 6000 - Help

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by CatMaster23, Jul 8, 2007.

1. CatMaster23

CatMaster23 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i just Baught an AMBASSADEUR 6000 and I am looking for a good pole. Any Suggestions?

2. dcconrad

dcconrad New Member

State:
    ohio fairfield county
    Davey i would have to recomend the ugly stik ct rod. i have a abu 6501 c3 on one and it works great.Very tough rod.

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I have a 6501C3 also,Iput it on a 6'6" Abu Garcia Work Horse MH casting rod.It has worked great for me the last couple of years.:boss: And yes the rod came from Walmart.

4. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I would srongly reccomend the ugly cat it will balance beautfully with that rod , reels in that size and weight range compliment the 7ft. mh nicely .

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I think the ugly stick will make a good rod for it.

6. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I would have to agree with the ugly cat i just purchased mine recently to go with my penn 9 its quickly become my favorite combo for more than just cats its a great balance of power , balance and sensitivity the weight of the reel gives the balance weighing in at 14 oz. its a perfect match in my opinion and suits my needs for most fishing that i do . I have live baited northern pike battled carp and black drum and the rod never felt like i did not have enough for the task at hand and even found it sensitive enough to detect nibbles by pan fish great rod for many uses it would be a bad judgement call to limit this rod for cats alone , and thats how i feel about the ugly cat rod , but i will suggest this , go with the one piece rod if at all possible the first one i purchased was a 2 piece and i honestly feel more secure with the feel of the 1 piece rod under the load of bigger fish .

7. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    i would have to agree with most, the ugly cat is a great rod for that reel