Fishing rod for my Abu Garcia 7000 #2

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Catmaster, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    What kind of ROd do you use on your 7000. I bought the Cabelas E-Glass rod with small Eyelets. Did I make a mistake or is it a good rod to use with that reel?

2. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The choice of rod depends on the type of fishing you will be doing. If you are bank fishing I would recommend at least a 10' rod. If fishing from a boat, the rod length can obviously be shorter. The main thing is to be sure you buy a casting rod not a spinning rod. The casting rod will have smaller and more eyes than a spinning rod. Good luck.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The world is your oyster. That reel does not have to be mounted to just one rod. You could get a 6' or 7' rod for boat fishing, an 8' to 10' rod for light bank fishing and a 12', 13', 14', 15', or 16' rod for heavy bank fishing. Change the reel according to how you are gonna fish. You probably all ready have a mind set as to what the minimum pound test line your gonna use, and it should fit either condition listed.

4. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I don't know alot about rods except for what I've learned here. My 7000c3 is on a TIGER Ugly Stick 7'er and it matches up perfertly.

5. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York

Wise words . . .

6. CaTmAnDo55

CaTmAnDo55 New Member

State:
    florence, SC
    my buddy uses the abu 6500 with an eagle claw 7' medium heavy rod and that is a great set up i believe the one you have is a good set up

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I have a Penn Power stick fpr my 7001, great match!

8. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    My new abu 7001i will be put on my 7'6" american spirit nite stick pro MH 15-40lb line. I had a 5601c3 on that rod before but it just looked too small so it gave me an excuse to buy a new reel.:big_smile:

9. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I have 5 ABU7000C3's and 2 BG9000's all mounted on Ugly Stik Tiger rods which look and work good together but I mostly fish from a boat.