Fishing Rod Building/Repair Class

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RiverKing, Jan 10, 2007.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Just wanted to let the Ohio guys know that CLark State Community College will be having a new class. It is a rod repair and rod building class. It is a 4 week class starting Jan30th. It is once a week for 4 weeks. Tuesdays at 6:00 pm-7:30 pm. The cost is 45 dollars for the whole course. I think Im taking it, if my boss gives me 2 hours every tuesday off. Just thought id let yall know about if anyone is interested. Always cool to learn new things.

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wish that I was closer.:crazy:

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if it wasnt for me working during those hours i'd seriously consider taking it with you!

4. Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Sweet, you will be able to fix all of my rods now! I just got rod builder supply book from bass pro. They sell blanks and eyelets and stuff. The catalog is huge!

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Boss and RiverKing, your in luck!! The best rod builder in SW Ohio is living in your town, Jim Corbin, lives back behind Eye 1/KFC. Heck, he might even be doing the class, do you know who is teaching it?

Salmonid

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I think a guy named Dave Klingman is teaching it...YOu got a number for the other guy, I need an ECAT eyelet fixed and i dont want to wait until after the class...LOL...I want it fixed now

7. Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Thanks for the info salmonID. I had no idea that we had a master rod builder in Yellow Springs. I will definately be calling this guy if I need some work done. Is he a member of the BOC?

8. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Boss Hogg, I am not sure what he likes working on since he mostly builds Fly rods so i have sent him an email asking if he is looking for other business doing other types of rods , still waiting for a reply. Stay tuned
    Salmonid