Fishing Rituals

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by ARMYCATS, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ARMYCATS

ARMYCATS New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I know every fisherman has his own rituals. Mine is that i cant walk a different route down the bank of the river when i fish. Everytime i go i walk on the same path. Feel free to post your funny, bizzar, or odd fishing rituals.

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Thinking about it, other than beer, I guess cleaning the bank up a bit before and after but I'm not sure you could really call that a ritual and it doesn't apply much when I have the boat out.

I do like to just stop and "take in" the surroundings first off. Enjoy the sights, attune, and kind of "center" myself. You know, kinda shift into "outdoors mode". Sort of like a prayer I guess. That might count...

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Im like DANZIG i get to my spot stand there a second take a deep breath and just listen to all the wildlife and such.Then say lets do it and start hauling in the cats lol.

4. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I guess as normal I'm the Black sheep.LOL
    I have none.

5. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    haha especially when im bank fishing i always bait up then before i cast out i stretch out kinda hahah... cast out and then sit down and relax haha...

thats about that tho...

6. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    BEER!! always open the beer before handling the bait LOL!!! REMEMBER THAT MAN, IM GIVING YOU GOLD HERE. LOL!!

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    If I'm in a slump, I eat some catfish (I keep an emergency pack in the freezer for just such occasions, restaurant fish doesn't have the juju:smile2:). Goofy and utterly illogical, but that's fishin', I guess.

8. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    when we get to where were going bank or boat i spit in the water

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    bank or boat i always get ever thing set up then bait all my poles wash my hands and then set out my rods.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    allways set up all my rod holders ,then set all rods in them,then bait and cast each one.

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I absolutely do not allow any banannas in the boat. This includes nothing with the word bananna on the label, or a photo of a bananna. This also includes the old school tighty whitey undies with the fruit of the loom label which has a bananna on it. Dont laugh, I held my buddy from Illinios down and cut the tag off of his. :smile2: I really have to watch the suntan oils and such the women try and get on with. Lots of times its made by bananna boat, or has bananna extracts in the ingredients. Any offending items are immediately thrown overboard.

There is a certain Westie that inadvertantly deposited an entire box of Caprisons in my boat this past year, on which the label read bananna-cranberry. It suddenly dawned on me why we got SKUNKED that day :smile2:

12. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Mine is grab the pole,cut some bait,bait the hook,cast the line in the water,put it in the rod holder,sit back and drink a beer and wait...wait...wait and i do that every single time.:wink:

13. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Well, I really have never fished too much with pole and line, but when my friend and I set trot lines, every morning before we check our lines, we have to get a tall boy to drink out on the river. We have found this to bring us some good luck , ..........oh and it helps to kill the hangover form the night before. lol

14. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    nobody steps over my fishing pole because you wont catch anything on the ones youstep over. Just try it and see what happens now that you know about it. thanks Sam Davis

15. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I got 3. fist of all BEER never can have to much. second after baiting i cast before i wash my hands. third... i know there is one more oh ya BEEEEEERRR!!! drink more

16. Pfunk

Pfunk New Member

State:
    Lake Fork - Texas
    Great thread.

When i was 9 years old; my dad, grand father and I were Carp fishing on the Huron River.
    Well, i put a massive peice of doughball on my hook, and my father told me "thats too much doughball Al, you wont catch anything with that."
    Well, i was stubborn about it, and told him to mind his own biz.
    I dropped my line in the water and after 5 min i caught a 35lb Carp. Was the biggest we had caught in that river at that time. While i was fighting my fish, getting coached from my dad and grandfather. My dads pole got pulled into the water never to be seen again.

Well I'm 33 now, and to this day, everytime i fish with my dad, he still tells me "you wont catch anything with that." :wink:

17. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Before I load my poles to go fishing...I always check the line starting at the hooks and running my fingers over the line checking for frays or abrasions. If I find a spot that doesn't feel right to me , I will cut it off and re-tie hooks , sinkers and leader lines. I have a certain way I load my rods ,starting with the largest ones first then down to the smallest. Everything has its own place and it goes that way everytime. When I arrive at the lake, I put my rodholders in the ground and I put my rods in them. I then bait all the rods with various baits. I then wash my hands and then I cast out my rods. Man whats wrong with me?????:crazy:

18. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Honestly....I say a small prayer on the way to the lake. I always have and I always will. I'm lucky to do what I do so I say my thanks and ask far a little good luck too ; )

-Jim-

19. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    When ever I get to my spot I survey the currents and look for new holes. Every time it rains our river changes big time. It seems like every other week there is a new sand bar and another gone. Other than that I try to clean up the area a little bit.Its sad how much trash thats in our river. Its alot nicer when your not steppin all over plastic bottles.lol

20. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    normally i have to make sure the boat is going to crank before i go just for reference.