fishing results

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by FirefighterBull, Sep 16, 2009.

1. FirefighterBull

FirefighterBull New Member

State:
    Charlotte Tennessee
    put in at wells creekand fished all day sunday at various spots, we caught about 20 total kept i think around 10 or so all under 5 pounds no big fish but some good table fare had 3 flatheads one channel the rest blues, using whole yellowfins we got from the catwalk that morning, all the fish were good aggressive pulls but seemed like every hole we hit we would catch one or two within the first setup but after that just little bites no takers either way it was a blast cant wait to get my hands on some slimy stinkin skipjack

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    James thanks for sharing your fishing trip. It sounded like a blast. Enjoyed.

3. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice report, thanks for sharing your trip.

4. tndogman

tndogman New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good deal! Sounds like there was a fish fry after the trip

5. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee

I fished all day sunday at wells and there were thousands of skippies up creek!! We caught 17 keepr bass but only kept 6. Action was slow on my jugs but there were skippies everywhere. Maybe i c u there one day i crappie fish there alot in fall and winter usually catch some nice size eaters on my jugs. I got the ol ugly 15 ft aluminum with a 3.5 outboard. Couldnt hardly jug fish with live shad for the rockfish, we probably caught 7-8 decent rockfish i the 8-15 lb range and only 4 3-4 lb chanells. Well gl and maybe we fish together someday.

6. msd7806

msd7806 New Member

State:
    Pegram, TN
    Thanks for the report.

7. FirefighterBull

FirefighterBull New Member

State:
    Charlotte Tennessee
    bdporch we are fishing out of a 17 foot camo triton we are down there close to every weekend gana be somewhere down there sunday may put in at dover though finaly got our hand on some skipjack

8. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Ill probable b there sun maybe miss hatties not sure but im sure we will se each other when the weekend warriors go home for the winter lol.

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the report and congrats on getting out on the water

10. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the reports guys. The Rocks are already starting to run?

11. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    good luck happy cattin

12. festus

festus New Member

I don't know about Middle Tennesee reservoirs and rivers, but a couple of weeks ago they were catching plenty of rockfish below Ft. Loudoun Dam on shad, big 1-2 ounce white jigs w/twistertail trailers, and the Wild Eyed shad swimbaits. The bite was better in the late afternoon/evening. One of my friends is a former striper guide on Chicamaugua and Watts Bar and he practically lives with the rockfish.

Also talked to some guy who caught 17 rocks about the same time below Melton Hill Dam. He caught them on big Bomber Model A crankbaits when one generator was running. His biggest was 32 pounds. I haven't caught one down there in a few months, but my fishing has been limited to the mornings.

13. Greasy Ham

Greasy Ham New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    No action this afternoon on Stewarts Creek.
    I did catch a bunch of little bluegills in my fish trap though. So I have bait for this weekend.
    I'm thinking about trying Shute's branch again tomorrow night.

14. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Put in at blowed out bridge last Sat. night in Lebanon, Tn.(Cedar Creek) set our 30 jugs caught 4 huge channels on cut skips. Total weight was over 50 lbs. The rocks are hitting hard below Cordell Hull Dam in Carthage, Tn.