FISHING REPORTS

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by BROWNING7MMMAG, Feb 24, 2008.

1. BROWNING7MMMAG

BROWNING7MMMAG New Member

State:
    VIRGINIA
    JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE CAUGHT ANY FISH THIS WEEKEND. GOING TOMMOROW NIGHT JUST WONDERING WHAT THE FISH ARE DOING?

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Had a good day Saturday, had to leave 'em biting.:sad2: Sunday was slow though. I hope things go good for you tomorrow! I'll post a report up tomorrow, just got back home, need sleep.

3. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I fished in a tournment Saturday on the James, and everyone agreed the bite was tough. We ended up with a total of 5 fish ranging from 22 pounds to 45.

4. cobysdad06

cobysdad06 New Member

State:
    Sutherlin VA.
    We fished friday thru noon sunday. Best fish just over 50lbs. Tried the new gill net, Put it out at deep bottom and finally had some luck after the 3rd try, about 20 cutters. Fished a couple holes and landed a few in the teens. mainly just wanted bait for sat. Sat morning put in a JP and a huge take down on edge of channel, but no hook up. went down river a ways and landed a nice 50lber, later own in about 5 ft of water, my partner pulled in a 35 and 27 lber. also add a few in the teens. Fished sunday and again some nice take downs but lost the hook up, we did manage a 25lber before we had to head home. A great wknd to be on the water.

Attached Files:

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Nice fish! Glad you all had a good trip.

6. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    sounds like you are getting the hang of things. i am coming down this weekend t give it a try.

7. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    James don't you think it's about time to put an avatar up...lol

Come on man..get up to speed...get it done....just do it....now.....

What ya say James........

Jerry

8. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nice fish. I am going Friday and Sunday. Yipee!!:big_smile:

9. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    maybe after this weekend jerry i can get a decent avatar perhaps holding a 14 in gizzard shad?????:angry:

10. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm glad to see you can catch some large ones in the shallow areas, it gives me some hope fishing from the banks.