Fishing reports?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by impak209, Oct 19, 2007.

1. impak209

impak209 New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio, U
    It just seems to me that the threads have been a little slow here recently, I know here in NW Ohio its getting pretty chilli and we hvae been in need of some serious rain. Is the rest of the state having similar conditions? Has your local bite turned on?
    I figured it might be interesting to see what veryone has to say during this climate changing period.

Perosnally I have been up to the Rchbold reservoir and the bite is good just all 2lb range channels have'nt had a chance to try much else, hopefully this weekend will change that.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the water has been unusually low and really clear here, making tough fall conditions for me. i have been picking up a few smaller flats, but nothing worth talking about. maybe this recent rain will help some, and the rain predicted for next week. thank goodness for jet motors. i have been running in 8-10 inches in places!! thanks for the update and post..rollo

3. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    the water low an clear.
    been out on the muskium lately.
    been weired little flat 5 an less .
    last night todd hit 2 .1 4 flat an a6 channel.
    rockin randy an i was quite all night well till it rain.
    ps we were on the bank scared of lighting in boat

4. impak209

impak209 New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio, U
    yes, the recent water levels have been exceptionally low but, scince its been really humid and cool and windy , the little channel cat in my tank has been unusually active. I am wondering if that may be a sign that its about to get better? lets hope so, Thanks for your input.:wink:

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Randy, You haven't been catfishing till you spend a night out on the river durring a severe Thunderstorm. Dark as a cave, lightning striking both banks, and rain coming down so hard it hurts your head lol. Water rising 1/2 foot per hour, whole trees floating by. And its best to go by yourself, that way the other guy can't get you thinking scared and make you leave lol.

6. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    The rivers around here (GMR) there is a few spots in the river you could walk all the way acrossit. with all this rain we just got though i think the river will be turning back on good before the cold weather gets here

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the rain will help, and the leaves will give some darker color back to the clear cool water as well. fishing is not shot by any means...it is just starting to get good, and will produce some good stringers for weeks. just have to be patient and let everything come together. some of my best monster stringers have came late in the yr.. rollo

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    fishing has picked up quite a bit here on the GMR since the water has cooled. channels are still hard to come by but suprisingly the bigger flatties have turned on. water was so low and hot this year that the green algae moss you see in ponds during the summer was lined all along the banks almost everywhere we went, couldnt catch fish at all. lately the best bite has been from 8am-3pm, with small short spurts of activity around 2am. best baits for us have been small carp and stoneroller suckers.