Fishing Reports

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by nitronostrils, Sep 9, 2007.

1. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Could some explain why a species would be dropped off a report? For example:

Catfish species:
    08-31-07

FISH: Crappie ... Fair to Good; Limits are being caught in coves with a minnow or jig.
    FISH: Bluegill ... Good; Fish are spawning; toss your bait against the banks and watch the bobber take a dive.
    FISH: Stripers ... Good; Best by trolling on the west side to the spillway with large minnows. FISH: Catfish ... Good; Anglers are successful with cut bait and worms in deep water.

Next week 09-07-07

FISH: Crappie ... Fair; Fish for them very early and very late in 4 to 5 feet of water with a jig and minnow; poor success during mid day hours.
    FISH: Bass ... Fair; Cast medium sized minnows and spinners around heavy cover near the dam. FISH: Walleye ... Fair; A few are biting some in deeper water areas.

2. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    i would have to say that no one reported anything for that species or nothing changed

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The reporting site may think catfish are trash fish...how many sites do you see reporting on carp, gar, drum, etc. What good is the fishing report anyhow... in my experience your either going fishing or your not...the fish don't read the papers or listen to the radio.

4. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Ok thanks, just wondering since cats have been on the report all season long and this lake is well known for the kitties.

5. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I think that the semicolon is a mistake so the report should read "Good Anglers are successful with cut bait and worms in deep water" and nothing else really needs to be reported for the rest of the year