Fishing report Winyah Bay Georgetown, SC

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bearfrog1, Mar 24, 2008.

1. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Went Saturday. Had trouble getting fresh bait so I knew the day would be a tough one. Launched out of East Bay Parl landing headed up the Waccamaw river several miles and slowly started working our way back down making about 10 stops total. Marked some nice fish 10 feet down in 25 feet water all day. Was using frozen mullet bait and chicken livers since I couldn't get any fresh shad like I wanted. Caught one very nice red spot tail, 26 inches. Let him back. That was all. DNR stopped us and boarded and searched the boat later that afternoon on our way back. I'm glad I am always legal and play by the rules. They joked with us and said "That's the fastest pontoon boat I've ever seen on these waters". We were running 25mph ground speed based on my GPS. Got a laugh out of that comment. Anyways, hope to be heading to Santee lakes in 2 weeks.
    Will let you all know, and hopefully get to fish with some of you soon as well.
    Later,
    Jonathan Pace
    bearfrog1@yahoo.com

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The fish you were marking were most likely stripers(rock fish) but I am sure that redfish put up a good fight. Thanks for the report.

3. kelleymmm1

kelleymmm1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report Ill be down on the waccamaw this weekend. I cant wait!!!:wink:

4. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I'm a little concerned about the word "searched" our boat. I thought they just checked for fire extinguisher, life vest, etc. Do you have to give permission for a "search" or do they have the right to "search" a boat? Just curious....

5. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    They can search without probable cause. Been searched twice on Lake Marion; 2000 and 2002. But on a side note, I was legal as an eagle.

6. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I am always legal but by search do you mean your tackle box, pockets, etc.?

7. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    They look for the safety stuff and icechests for fish sizes too small/large or overamounts of fish. Again not a problem here as I need to catch fish first...lol

8. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    THanks for the fishing report

9. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Thanks for the clarification. I surely don't have a problem with this.